Synching Auria With Genome?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Yodasoldier

Synching Auria With Genome?

Post by Yodasoldier » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:07 pm

ok ... so I have tried ... searched ... read ... tried ... searched more and tried and tried again , but I cannot for the life of me get Auria to Synch with Genome. Just want genome to play when I press play in Auria. Any body got any ideas I have genome set to external synch, Auria sending stop start etc and set to genome as suggested in posts I have read.
Got me a bit baffled ?

TedBPhx
Expert

Re: Synching Auria With Genome?

Post by TedBPhx » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:35 am

This has me puzzled also.

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:42 pm

Excellent question...
Would like to know also....searched a lot... Found nothing..
If anybody out there...

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:35 pm

I purchased Genome in order to help you guys out. Here is how you set this up.
In Auria in your midi settings tab
FOR YOUR MIDI IN SELECT FOR GENOME ONLY
RECEIVE MMC -this mmc is not totally needed but I found it gave better timing if highlighted.
RECEIVE CLOCK
RECEIVE NOTES

FOR YOUR MIDI OUT SELECT FOR GENOME ONLY
SEND MMC- this mmc is not totally needed but I found it gave better timing if highlighted.
SEND CLOCK
SEND NOTES

NOTHING ELSE IS TO BE HIGHLIGHTED IN AURIA. EVERYTHING ELSE MUST NOT BE HIGHLIGHTED

FOR GENOME in the setting
GENERAL TAB -SELECT EVERYTHING AND SET INPUT TO CH 1
MIDI TAB -HIGHLIGHT VIRTUAL PORTS -touch MIDI INPUTPUTS AND SELECT AURIA AND THE SYNTH YOUR USING, IN MY CASE I USED MY THOR SYNTH APP- then touch MIDI OUTPUTS - SELECT AURIA AND THE SYNTH YOUR USING- again mine was Thor.
SYNC TAB- HIGHLIGHT EXTERNAL CLOCK- SEND SYNC- SEND CONTINUE

With this set-up Auria will start and stop Genome. If you wish to have Auria start and stop from Genome leave all the settings the same but in the SYNC TAB in Genome UNHILIGHT EXTERNAL CLOCK.

YOU MUST SET AURIA AND GENOME TO THE SAME TEMPO BPM AS I FOUND THAT THEY DID NOT SET EACHOTHERS TEMPO CORRECTLY. AURIA SETS THE TEMPO SAY 100 BPM BUT GENOME REPORTS 99 BPM. ALWAYS ONE BPM LESS. SO YOU MUST SET THEM BOTH TO MATCH IN ADVANCE.

AS WELL HAVE AURIA, AND YOUR SYNTH ALL UP AND RUNNING BEFORE GENOME, LOAD GENOME LAST AND SET IT''S SETTINGS.
IF GENOME FREEZES DURING THIS SET-UP THEN CLOSE GENOME COMPLETELY AND RE-OPEN IT AND CONTINUE WITH THE SET-UP. I CAN PROVIDE A VIDEO IF NESSESSARY TO DEMONSTRATE. JUST LET ME KNOW.

CHEERS AND I HOPE THIS HELPED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU WERE ABLE TO GET IT TO WORK.

Yodasoldier

Post by Yodasoldier » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Anthony,
You sir are a LEGEND!
Many thanks this has got it cracked :D

Right down to business lets see what this Ipad air can do!
this post should be made sticky as its a big help for getting connected with Genome.

Anthony thanks again Top Class.

Yodasoldier

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Yodasoldier wrote:Anthony,
You sir are a LEGEND!
Many thanks this has got it cracked :D

Right down to business lets see what this Ipad air can do!
this post should be made sticky as its a big help for getting connected with Genome.

Anthony thanks again Top Class.

Yodasoldier
Ok but one more thing I found. If you want to record audio into Auria with this set-up you must first remove the midi input settings in Auria. So what I mean is un-highlight the Midi Inputs in Auria and only start the recording from Auria in other words with the Midi Inputs turned off you can not start Auria from Genome just from Auria. If you want to start Auria from Genome than simply set those inputs again in Auria's midi setting. Otherwise you will see a solid red track lane as if Auria was already recording and it wont record to the track. However the audio that looked like it didn't record is still in the Audio folder of that project which you can locate using Import Audio. But don't do that just turn off the midi input in Auria to rcord Audio. I also found that playing with the Latency compinsation for both in and out works for fixing any delay. I used -25 for In and +25 for out. This solves the problem. Not sure why this does this ( The Audio Recording Problem ). But it does. Cheers and good luck my friend.

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:30 am

Wow Anthony !!

Thank you soooo much.... Seeing that you purchased Genome only to help us...It's Very very kind to you...
You were very helpful, and your detailed explanations.
Cheers my Friend !!

Gonna try tonight to see if i manage to...

Thanks a lot again.

Amicalement.
Hervé

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:53 am

Thanks for a the wonderful comments. I couldn't see you guys strugle with this anymore. It was a good learning experience and the more I mess with midi the better I get at using it. Cheers to all my friends here on the Auria forum. It's for you that I returned.

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 am

Thanks very much Anthony....very helpful :-)

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:47 pm

Yes indeed. Thank You!

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Was looking at genome last night as i wanted to control my instruments from a piano roll (i cannot for the life of me, perform and record live). Then found this thread. Just wanna give my kudos to mr alves. Awesome to see a passionate dude helping out the community! Thank you :)

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:37 am

The good thing of Genome is that is the only one midi sequencer to record poly aftertouch & poly pressure of an app like Animoog for example...

starfugger
Expert

Post by starfugger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:08 am

I downloaded genome and so far so good except when i push it a bit too hard :p i'd like to add to what mr alves said in his first instructions. In auria you have to set SEND MIDI START AND STOP and SEND MIDI SONG POSITION POINTER to yes.

He is absolutely right about using audiobus with the genome-auria setup. You MUST disable or unhighlight midi inputs in auria if you are recording your instruments into auria's audio tracks.

It is also necessary to put the control back to genome once in a while if you are using this workflow. To do this, go to setting>sync>unhighlight external clock. To give auria the control, just highlight this button again.

:)

eustressor
Expert

Post by eustressor » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:15 am

Hi, first time poster after lurking a few visits. I also want to extend my thanks to Mr. Alves for researching and then laying out a successful formula for linking Genome and Auria.

A word of advice to anyone using Genome to build multitrack drums with SampleTank (love the snare on the "Natural" set) ... don't give every last drum individual tracks. Keep it down to your master track and 8 or so individual tracks and you will save yourself from "copy/paste/record as audio/wait, there went Genome over to 119 instead of 120 BPM again" overload. I did 12 plus a few synth tracks and almost didn't live to tell the tale :wink:

Also, I observed Genome acting a bit finicky when it came to holding the connection properly for extended periods of time. I would also advise copying and pasting your samples into their own pattern tracks and recording those into Auria in rapid succession whenever possible. This will help you avoid needless delays such as having to go back and reset your connections in both Genome and Auria ... after firing up Audiobus and your four synths, of course. Gets old after the fifth time.

Gear used:
  • Auria
    Genome
    SampleTank
    iFretless Bass
    iB16 Bismark
    Alchemy
    This thread three or four times
    Evernote (where I finally pasted this thread for subsequent reference)
    iPad Air, latest iOS as of June 2014
Cheers all!

mugaz84
Expert

Post by mugaz84 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:55 am

I have a annoying problem with the bpm, Auria sits at 132, but genome constantly go down to 131.
Even if i change it manualy it goes down to 131 when i start the song in Auria

''Doesent matter what Bpm i set in Auria, Genome Always put itself 1 bpm lower'' also in sunrizer wich im using atm the bmp pending 139-140
Also it sometimes change preset in the synth im using when i start/paus

Dont know whats wrong