Auria update?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Auria update?

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm

I know developers don't like getting too specific, but it's been awhile since we had any news of an update. I wouldn't care so much except for some of the annoying graphical issues in the current version (mainly disappearing bar/beat lines in the edit view). Otherwise I'd be happy if Auria stayed like it was forever :)

So Rim, any bug fixes coming before the next big update, or are we in a holding pattern waiting on that?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria update?

Post by Rim » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:45 pm

There's a big update coming, and it should be in testing sometime in late February. I'll keep you posted as we get closer.

Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Excellent, ambiguous and specific at the same time, you're definitely a software developer :)

Photo_G
Expert

Post by Photo_G » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Rim wrote:There's a big update coming, and it should be in testing sometime in late February. I'll keep you posted as we get closer.

Rim
Hi Rim,

Will this update include the ability to use in-app JamUP Pro if we already own the full version?

Thanks,
G

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:02 am

Photo_G wrote:
Rim wrote:There's a big update coming, and it should be in testing sometime in late February. I'll keep you posted as we get closer.

Rim
Hi Rim,

Will this update include the ability to use in-app JamUP Pro if we already own the full version?

Thanks,
G
YES TO THIS!!

wayni
Expert

Post by wayni » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:15 pm

I asked PG about this directly...

Positive Grid Support (Positive Grid)
Jan 26 19:12

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Positive Grid.

Auria and JamUp are currently separate, and you will need to purchase again. The Auria team is working on unlock the JamUp plug-in once they detect the JamUp Pro installed, please stay tuned.

Support @ Positive Grid

Wdnihart
Jan 26 06:52

I own the standalone Jamup XT with Pro upgrade and lots of effects. I also own Auria. Do you guys plan to make it so that the plug-in version of Jamup inside of Auria will be available to us any time soon if we own the stand alone versions? Will you please?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:44 am

We do plan on making this available in the next update, which should be sometime in late Feb/early March.

Rim

wayni
Expert

Post by wayni » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:22 am

That's good news! Now: I upgraded Jamup XT to the Pro pack as an IAP. Am I screwed here or is there some type of mechanism that would let it open the plug version as well?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:19 am

The plugin version will always be a separate piece of code, so if you buy packs in one, they won't reflect in the other (unless the plugin developer has some tricky way of doing this).

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:47 pm

any chance a version of pro tools 'playlists' could make its way into Auria any time soon?

Audio recording is pretty cool in Auria right now. The addition of loop recording and timeline tempo/time signature changes would round off Auria's audio capabilities quite nicely IMO.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Loop recording probably won't make it into a version for quite a while, as this is difficult to do, but some of the other features you mentioned most likely will.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Rim wrote:Loop recording probably won't make it into a version for quite a while, as this is difficult to do, but some of the other features you mentioned most likely will.

Rim
That playlist function looks exceedingly useful. I hope that can make it in sometime soon.

skoptic

Post by skoptic » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Oooooh, I was just wondering today when I might see a nice shiny Auria update appearing. Thanks for the info - looking forward to it :)

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:14 pm

wayni wrote:That's good news! Now: I upgraded Jamup XT to the Pro pack as an IAP. Am I screwed here or is there some type of mechanism that would let it open the plug version as well?
Hey wayni, I consider having the stand alone version of JamUp XT as a plus. It allows me to run Guitarism through JamUp using Audiobus. Otherwise you would be stuck using JamUp only through Auria. Although JamUp is directed at guitarists, you can run just about anything through it.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Photo_G
Expert

Post by Photo_G » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Rim wrote:We do plan on making this available in the next update, which should be sometime in late Feb/early March.

Rim
WooHoo! I have the full JamUp Pro XT with no in-app purchases, so this will be great for me!! Will the Auria JamUp version be able to open up BIAS! Amps too?

G