Griffin StudioConnect on sale again!

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Photo_G
Expert

Griffin StudioConnect on sale again!

Post by Photo_G » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:18 am

martygras
Expert

Re: Griffin StudioConnect on sale again!

Post by martygras » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:41 am

Oh yeah, back in stock too.

I'm enjoying mine. Got it when they went on sale the first time. I cannot believe this is only $40. You could pay that for the midi interface alone.

This is a perfect interface for those who want to record stereo audio into their iPads using the 1/8" stereo input. I've seen a lot of people posting over at Gearslutz asking what the easiest way to get their old records or band tapes into digital format. This is a no brainer.

Just wanted to add something that wasn't clear to me originally, but the small dial on the right side is a trim knob for the 1/4" guitar input only. It is set to adjust for the difference between guitars with passive pickups and active pickup circuitry. A switch would have been better so levels could be set the same everytime, but for me it's either all the way up for passive and all the way down for my Ibanez bass which has a fairly hot output. The Studio connect handles the levels fantastic.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Chipster50

Post by Chipster50 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:04 am

Will the StudioConnect that is on sale work with an iPad air and a lightning adaptor?

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 pm

Yes, if it is a genuine Apple 30 pin to lightning adapter.

Photo_G
Expert

Post by Photo_G » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 pm

I wanted to share this economical solution to a problem that I encountered after integrating the StudioConnect into my audio setup. So, I have a Tascam US-800 connected to my main PC, which I use with desktop DAW's like Cubase 7, SONAR X3, and Studio One v2.6 (I also ran the monitor out from the Tascam to the aux in on the Griffin SC, so that I could capture drum tracks to the iPad from EZ Drummer, Addictive or Steven Slate Drums driven by Jamstix 3.5).

In any case, I found that I was swapping the one good pair of headphones that I own (ATH-M50's) back-and-forth between the US-800 and the StudioConnect. To get around this, I needed to be able to "mix" the US-800 and SC headphone outputs together...and I found the Belkin RockStar Mixit Cable that does just that! After hooking up both headphone outputs and the headphones to this thing, I don't have to swap the cables around anymore...but I do need to mute the US-800 "phones" output when recording drum tracks so as not to hear 'doubling'.

This seems to be a great solution to the 'headphone cable swapping" dance, without audio losing quality (like a splitter cable might do)...it should work with most ASIO interfaces, and it's pretty inexpensive!

Belkin RockStar Mixit Cable
http://www.target.com/p/belkin-rockstar ... ixit+Cable

If a Target near you has this for more (I found it for $14.99 up the street from me), just show this link to the customer service desk and they may match it, like they did for me.

Take care,
G
Last edited by Photo_G on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:19 am

Very cool man. Thanks.