Bias with real guitarpreamp?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

martin

Bias with real guitarpreamp?

Post by martin » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:34 am

Hi there,
having great fun with Bias, recording guitars in Auria. I wondered, if anyone tried to use a real preamp and take the Bias Poweramp/Cab/Mic for recording? At the moment you can't turn off the preamp section in Bias (only the poweramp) but I think with a real clean sound in the preamp section it could be possible.
This would be a cool feature for recording your amps at home without waking up the neighbours.
Perhaps, I will try it next week and will let you know the results.

Jus
Expert

Re: Bias with real guitarpreamp?

Post by Jus » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:53 am

I'd be very interested In your results , I tried a an old vista guitar compressor I have with my ipad and it worked very well indeed
Few yrs ago it didn't in the PC days ,things are Defo getting there with the amp sims 8)

martin

Post by martin » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:53 am

So here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/martin-gruber-10 ... 70-in-bias

Testdrive with my Engl E 570 plugged into iPad 2. Recorded with Auria and BIAS in the effect insert. BIAS delivers power amp, Cab and Mic. The preamp in Bias is set very clean to let the sound come from the Engl tube preamp. Every Guitar and even the bass (guitar with octaver) is recorded with this setup!
For me this is from now on a real alternative solution for recording my rig!

vejichan
Expert

Post by vejichan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:18 pm

how do you do that? what audio interface and settings? thanks

vejichan
Expert

Post by vejichan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Did u use a guitar with an octaves for the bass.. What settings?

martin

Post by martin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:22 am

Ok, this is my recording chain:

Fender Strat - Engl E 570 preamp with T.C. Electronics G-Major in the effects loop - iPad 2 with an IO-Dock from Alesis - Auria with Bias in the effect insert for the guitar tracks.
In Bias i chose a clean Dumble amp and experimented with all parts of it, until my preamp sounds the way it does through my normal setup.
The octaver for the "bass" track is from the T.C. Electronics G-Major. The drum track is a sample imported from Garage Band.
In Auria i used Microwarmer and a subtle Stereo delay for some of the guitar tracks.