Having Auria Open to a blank project?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

chaztrip

Having Auria Open to a blank project?

Post by chaztrip » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Hello,

Is there a way to have Auria open to a blank project instead of the last one that you were working on? It would be nice if it could open to blank then I can select where I want to go.

Thanks
Chaz

Airyck
Expert

Re: Having Auria Open to a blank project?

Post by Airyck » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:47 pm

The work around for now would be to close everything except Auria and then create a new project before closing Auria last. Obviously it would be nice to have an option to start with a blank project by default.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:01 am

iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:50 pm

I like the current configuration. Most often, I'm working on one project at a time and prefer Auria to open the last project on which I was working. Aside from starting a new project and saving a few seconds of loading time, what are the benefits of this? Not being argumentative, just curious.

chaztrip

Post by chaztrip » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:42 pm

I like it that way because half the time Auria crashes because it can't load a plugin.
I am scatter brained so I might have 4-5 things goning on. I am just used to some daws that open to blank
And then I can choose what to work on.
Chaz.

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:54 am

Perhaps the solution is to have this as an option....

∙ On to load last project upon startup
∙ Off to open a blank project upon startup

Either can be the default...up to Rim (unless he allows a majority rule, lol). :D

HTH,

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 am

The problem with having it load a blank project at startup, is that iOS apps don't really have a "startup" mode like Mac or PC programs. In iOS, the UI guidelines say you need to make your apps function like they're always on. The app needs to return to exactly where you left it when you relaunch it. Also, apps don't really close on iOS. When you click the home button, the app just goes to sleep, so relaunching it just wakes it up. Only force-closing the app causes it to restart from scratch. And in this case, Apple wants you to return the app to its exact state before it was closed.

Rim

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:28 am

@Rim, Beatmaker 2 has a launch screen where they ask you if you want to load a project or start a new one or launch the last session that was auto saved. It's a nice feature imo. Just something to look at maybe.

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:29 am

Using a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (with four analog Inputs/Outputs) on an iPad 4, I have specific Ins and Outs config'd in my "Live" Auria project. The issue for me was when I opened Auria at home while not connected to the interface: Since the "Live" project was the last one opened, all of my config'd Ins and Outs got zapped, i.e., defaulted to the iPad's L+R (Mic). Then, the next time I used Auria live, while connected to the interface, I had to reconfig the Ins and Outs in my "Live" project, since the default L+R had been saved (after I had shut down Auria at home).

My workaround is to open another project whose Ins and Outs are mapped to the iPad's default (Mic) L+R prior to shutting down Auria and disconnecting the interface. Then on my next live gig, I simply load the "Live" project after having connected the interface...all of my config'd Ins and Outs have remained intact.

Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation....

BTW, +1 to boone51's suggestion.

Best regards,

Mike

TedBPhx
Expert

Post by TedBPhx » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:38 am

Just load a blank project before closing Auria for the day.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:50 am

The input and output matrixes have a preset box at the top of the window, where you can save your favorite input or output configurations.

Rim

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:20 pm

That's GR8, Rim!!! I certainly failed to notice that...and, yép, there it is, right there in the manual on page 32. :o :oops:

Thanks so much...makes it even easier. Glad I posted! :D

Best regards,

Mike

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:41 am

Rim wrote:The problem with having it load a blank project at startup, is that iOS apps don't really have a "startup" mode like Mac or PC programs. In iOS, the UI guidelines say you need to make your apps function like they're always on. The app needs to return to exactly where you left it when you relaunch it. Also, apps don't really close on iOS. When you click the home button, the app just goes to sleep, so relaunching it just wakes it up. Only force-closing the app causes it to restart from scratch. And in this case, Apple wants you to return the app to its exact state before it was closed.

Rim
i think it could be possible, for example in File menu you'll insert a Close Project command.
If u close auria as usual, it relolad the last project next time, if u select close project, Auria could go to a main page with a two option screen : Load Project, Start New Project.
after that if u close auria, next start you'll fine the same main page, like Apple says

Impossible?
I'm not a programmer, just my cent :):)
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com