Master Strip Automation

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

FabBird

Master Strip Automation

Post by FabBird » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi, first time post,
I'm trying to clear automation in the master strip. Not rewrite, not undo, but clear. It appears during automation on the master track/strip, I was exploring all of my options. So, when I apply automation to rewrite the fade out, the eq section mimics my every move from my past curiosities. I.e., eq adjustments, on/off limiting, just every adjustment.

I apologize if this has already been covered... I didn't see anything. I've exhausted all resources, including the manual.

P.s. And I don't want to UNDO ALL AUTOMATION as I have automated each track specifically for different effects.
Thanks in advance!
fabBird
P.s. I love Auria! It's a game changer.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Master Strip Automation

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:38 pm

To delete automation on a track (or part of a track), just highlight the area you want the control points deleted on that track (double-click and drag over the area you want to create a highlight), then choose Delete Control Points from the menu.

Rim

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:48 am

I know how to view and modify track automation, but how do I go about viewing Master Strip automation? And is it possible to see the Pro-Q automation I have applied? I have a very narrow, very deep notch filter applied to the Master Strip to remove some feedback from several channels in a live multitrack recording. I have automated the "in/out" button to apply the notch filter at the right moment. But I'd like to be able to view that parameter on a timeline view so I could find tune the timing.

Gary
Last edited by garyshell on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:26 am

So, I found out how you display the Master strip automation. 'Edit (Menu) -> Show Sub/Master Tracks'... Now i can't seem to be able to select the control points at the bottom edge of the master strip. I can select ones at the top, but not the bottom ones. Also it appears one cannot select a sub group or master strip so you could use the menu option to remove all automation from the track, that only appears to work on actual tracks.

I tried to submit a screen capture from the iPad but forum software won't permit an image of 1536x2048, and I don't know of any way to crop a screen grab.

Gary
Last edited by garyshell on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks, I'll add to the list to address in the next update.

Rim

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Rim wrote:Thanks, I'll add to the list to address in the next update.

Rim

Both items? I.E. the inability to select the Master Strip and/or SubGroups in the Track view (track waveforms showing) so we can use the "Delete Automation on Track" AND the inability to select a control point near the bottom of the screen and drag it all the way to the bottom of a track. It is hard to select the control points down there and when you do finally get it selected it is impossible to move it all the way down. (I am trying to do so on the Master Strip Automation.)

Gary

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Thanks, I missed that second point. Both on my list now.

Rim

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:33 am

Rim wrote:Thanks, I missed that second point. Both on my list now.

Rim
Looks like these didn't make it into the new release. I still cant select a group or the master so I can apply the "Delete Automation on Track" and it is still impossible to grab a control point that is near the bottom of the screen and drag it to the very bottom.

On my Master automation (which shows at the bottom of the screen) I have one automation move to turn a filter on and off to remove one little bit of feedback that bleed across multiple mics in a live recording. I used the ProQ filter and created a very narrow notch that eliminated it. Then I automated the Bypass to turn the filter on and off. That automation looks like a square wave in the automation view. To manipulate when it turns on, I need to grab a control point and drag it to the bottom of the Master Track automation. But I cant drag it to the very bottom and once I do get it near the bottom, it is virtually impossible to grab it again for further modification of the timing.

I was hoping this feature and bug fix would be in the latest release.

Gary

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:07 am

No, nothing really made it into this release, it was a quick-fix update to address the critical iOS7.1 issues. The next real update will be a big one and will address most of the items on my list. I'm hoping to have it ready in the coming months.

Rim

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:45 am

Thanks Rim.

Just wanted to make sure these had not fallen through the cracks.

Gary

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:28 pm

Did these make it into today's release?

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Sat May 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Did these make it into the new release this week?

Gary

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat May 31, 2014 6:09 pm

garyshell
Expert

Post by garyshell » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:21 am

My usual question. Did the fix for this make it into the update that hit the App Store today?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:25 am