Best way to transfer Beatmaker tracks to Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

gjcyrus
Expert

Best way to transfer Beatmaker tracks to Auria?

Post by gjcyrus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:22 am

Hi all,

I've got a drumbeat and sample groove I made in Beatmaker and would like to mix down in Auria. I know BM2 is 16 bit so want to reduce any further sound degradation by transferring to Auria so was thinking there might be a better way of transferring tracks other than Audiobus as my limited knowledge of computers leads me to believe that anything in the recording chain only degrades the sound so want to keep it direct as possible.

Can I export to high quality wavs for editing in Auria either through Audioshare or dropbox?

Thanks in advance

gjcyrus
Expert

Re: Best way to transfer Beatmaker tracks to Auria?

Post by gjcyrus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:57 am

Just figured out main part of solution. You can export separate tracks and transfer via dropbox.

Challenge now is how to export a drumbeat into separate tracks (hi hat on one track, kick on another, snare on another) to also make use of drumagog

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:20 am

Dayum, tell me there's an easier way please within beatmaker. First I make a simple beat on one track that has maybe two kicks, snare, hi hat and a sample. But in order to export to separate tracks, I have to create 4 new tracks, copy and paste the first track and then manually delete all the midi notes for everything else except for the main element. Example: for the snare track, I'll go in and delete the two kicks, hihat and sample. For the hihat track, I have to go in and manually delete the snare, two kicks and sample and so forth. Just so I can separate the tracks for mixing later in auria.

Anybody have any solutions/easier workarounds? Do I just have to get used to creating new tracks when composing beats?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

I'm begging, anybody else do this? It's taken me 30 min just to transfer one simple beat, exported to separate tracks, into Auria. I have absolutely no more energy and mood to actually create after this process.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:48 am

Auria supports OpenIn. I don't know if BM does, but that would be one way to do it cleanly. Also, AudioCopy/Paste. That's also a lossless way to do it if BM files are already 16 bit.

If you have access to a computer, iFunbox is very fast and easy to use.

Rim

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:55 am

gjcyrus wrote:Just figured out main part of solution. You can export separate tracks and transfer via dropbox.

Challenge now is how to export a drumbeat into separate tracks (hi hat on one track, kick on another, snare on another) to also make use of drumagog
If you intend on using drumagog anyway, try DM1. It's very easy to create a beat and you can either copy/paste or export individual tracks.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:05 pm

It's not ideal, but it's not really that hard?!?
Copy paste the sequence to as many new tracks (press plus tab for the same drum machine) as you need, go into each copy, select the notes on the left (on piano roll which selects all same notes in sequence) and delete what you don't want.
Until BM2 gets a split by note function, that's how it is. No reason it should take that long though. 5 minutes tops.
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

gjcyrus
Expert

Post by gjcyrus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:16 pm

hey all, thanks for replies. Much appreciated.

@dubhaus - Great minds think alike. Your solution is what i had typed but you're right, shouldnt take 30 min. At 2 in the morning after a long day of work, brain isnt as efficient. Plus I also sometimes work on an iphone instead of my ipad so deleting midi notes on an iphone isnt the most enjoyable experience

@marty - while i would like to utilize drumagog, i still want to use some beatmaker samples as well as some imaschine and impc samples i have loaded into bm2.

@rim - dont think beatmaker has open in functionality. copy and paste yes! so might incorporate that into workflow

would like to credit oldman in audiobus forums for this additional workaround:
Hi. You can export separate bm2 drum tracks like you want to without all that hassle. All you gotta do is when your creating a drum track you select the drum machine. Switch to sequencer view and in the top left-ish corner there is a + sign. Press this button and you will have a choice of adding a new track for any instruments that have already been chosen. So..... If you select the drum machine it will add a new track under that which will route to the drum machine and it will have all the pad names down the side in the piano roll. You can do as many of these as you like I think. At least 16 anyway for all the pads. Now all you gotta do is say put your kicks in one track, snare in another, hats in another. When you export you will get separate tracks. Hope this helps