Importing from ITunes

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Paddy Flynne

Importing from ITunes

Post by Paddy Flynne » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:53 am

I hope I'm not duplicating this question, I can't find a solution under search or YouTube tutorials, so here goes.
I have my Celtic band and I want to use my IPad Auria app to import tracks from ITunes and slow them down to learn new tunes on the flute.
I've created a new file with a tune name, but It's not obvious how I import the track from ITunes.
Can anybody help please?

Paddy Flynne

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Importing from ITunes

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:13 am

iFunBox is easier to use for transferring files back and forth between your computer and the iPad, and it's free. The idea is to copy the file into Auria's Documents folder. Once you do that, just launch Auria, open the import Audio File screen and choose the new files you copied.

Note: the files need to be WAV, AIF, M4A or MP3 in order for Auria to recognize them.

Rim

Paddy Flynne

Post by Paddy Flynne » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:34 am

Thank's I'll try it. Is there no way by just using the IPad. When I'm traveling and playing at gigs, the IPad Is easier to carry?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:43 am

DropBox is another way to get files into Auria without using a computer.

Rim

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:38 am

Hello Audioshare($3.99US) is very useful for this and moving all sorts of stuff
all over the place. You can access your ipad iTunes files download them then
there is an "open in" button below the wave display which includes Auria. Select
that it courtesy opens Auria go to "import Audio" and there it is. I just read
some people have better luck exporting from Auria to Dropbox through audioshare
as well. You can also convert files it's very handy. Hope this helps - the time stretch
feature in Auria is indeed awesome and if you're willing to wait the higher quality
audio choice is remarkable.
best
jp

Thederekfrank
Expert

Post by Thederekfrank » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:16 pm

Any reason why its not recognizing MP3's in dropbox to upload? I can get waves just fine.

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:45 am

If your specific use-case is to slow tunes down to learn how to play them, I would recommend Anytune Pro:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anytune ... 93637?mt=8

You can do this in Auria, but it would be quite fiddly. Anytune will do it much better, because you can slow down the music interactively, set loop points, import from your music library etc, the app specifically designed for that purpose.

Thederekfrank
Expert

Post by Thederekfrank » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:20 pm

I am trying to import MP3 files to use as a backing track and dont want to convert every file to do so.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:27 pm

Auria should have no issues downloading an MP3 file from dropbox. What issue are you having with MP3s exactly?

Rim

Thederekfrank
Expert

Post by Thederekfrank » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:01 pm

Mp3's dont show up in dropbox when trying to upload from Auria. They upload fine from the ITunes app, but thats an extra step I dont want to take

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:41 am

Are you talking about uploading or downloading? (I'm a little confused by what you wrote). Are you trying to download an MP3 into Auria, or are you trying to upload an MP3 out of Auria?

Rim

Thederekfrank
Expert

Post by Thederekfrank » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:54 am

I am trying to import an MP3 to a track on Auria via Dropbox. I can do it manually if I put the MP3 into Auria's folders with a computer, but those exact same files in Dropbox will not show up on the app. I can try to make a short video later as well.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:06 am

OK, thanks for clarifying. I just tried adding an MP3 file to my Dropbox and it showed up and downloaded fine on my end. Are you sure the MP3 file you're using has an extension? Auria will only read files with extensions. In other words, it must say .mp3 at the end.

Rim