Manually Setting Tempo

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

amonglights
Expert

Manually Setting Tempo

Post by amonglights » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:51 am

I was happy to see the tempo issue was fixed when manually setting the value, however after I was able to key in the tempo and successfully change it, I was unable to change it again. It's again stuck unless I use the tap feature and trying to tap in 90.00 takes more patience than I have. haha

Thanks, guys, for an amazing product!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Manually Setting Tempo

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:05 am

I'm not sure I follow. The bug in 1.10 was that it wasn't saving the tempo the next time you open the project. There wasn't any issue with the tempo actually changing.

I am trying this with 1.11 now, and every time I change the tempo is works fine here. Can you elaborate on what you're doing exactly, and what's not working?

Thanks,
Rim

amonglights
Expert

Post by amonglights » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:26 am

Sure, sorry I didn't clarify. If I manually enter the tempo, it doesn't apply the manually entered tempo. I've tried 90, 90.00, 90.0, etc. If I tap it, it applies the manually tapped tempo. Upon installing 1.110, it successfully applied when I tried it once, but then I can't change it anymore after.

UPDATE:

If you key in the tempo manually, with the keyboard AND press DONE, then select OK, it will apply the tempo.

If you key in the tempo manually, with the keyboard and select the button on the keyboard that simply hides the keyboard, then select OK, it will NOT apply the tempo. haha

At least I found a way to easily apply it. Just FYI.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:01 am

amonglights wrote:If you key in the tempo manually, with the keyboard AND press DONE, then select OK, it will apply the tempo.
yes I'd run into this one. Tempo never seemed to save unless, or only saved randomly. I'll remember this method, thanks for posting.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:04 am

Yes, you're right - if you hide the keyboard, it won't save. I don't know of a good workaround, as this is an Apple behavior. Any time you use the keyboard, you should press Done when finished entering a value.

Rim

amonglights
Expert

Post by amonglights » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:05 am

Yeah, definitely an Apple thing. Just a habit to hide the keyboard instead of pressing Done I guess. Thanks!

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Yep, apple. Happens with the Sonoma pasteboard too. You name the file before pasting but if you don't explicitly hit 'done' you lose the name.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:47 pm

How about making the tempo window draggable up or down to change the tempo? I'm not able to change the tempo either.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:34 pm

It's easy to change the tempo. Just remember to press Done, then OK. Don't accidentally press the button to hide the keyboard.

Rim

momotaro

Post by momotaro » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:51 am

I tried pressing 'done' in the keyboard and then 'ok', but I am still unable to change the playback speed. It remains
the same no matter what BPM I manually type. What other solution is there?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:17 am

Playback speed has nothing to do with BPM. You might be confusing this with the way MIDI sequencers work. Auria isn't a sequencer, so audio always plays back at the same speed.

Rim

momotaro

Post by momotaro » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Thank you. I understand now. I thought it was possible to affect the audio
as well.