Problem with play back

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Hobbit

Problem with play back

Post by Hobbit » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:43 am

Hi, Ive used Auria with an itrack solo with no probs, but I'm now trying to use my mackie DL1608 and have done so without any trouble before, but I'm now getting a doubled echoed type of sound on playback. The DL1608 has had an app and firmware update, but so has Auria since I used it last and I'm stumped as to what I've done or set wrong....if anything! The Audio in sounds fine in the mackie app and in auria until play back. I'd really appreciate any help, Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Problem with play back

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 am

Sounds like maybe the new firmware enabled hardware monitoring? I suggest checking your mixer's settings to see if hardware monitoring is on. This would explain the doubling you're hearing.

Rim

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks Rim, I forgot to mention that the playback is the same when not docked with the DL1608 and monitored via ipad headphone socket. The sound file looks fine too so I'm reasonable certain the input side is ok

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:31 am

If you're hearing a doubling effect without your interface plugged in, then there must be something in your project that's turned on causing this to happen. Start with a new project, and import your audio to see if the problem goes away. It's possible you have some effects enabled.

Rim

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 am

It was the nut on the wheel as usual with me.....you were correct with the monitoring. On the Mackie master fader app, I had Chanel 1 fader up, and the master up, but I also had the ipad channel up. For recording in auria this need to be off, and then if you wish to monitor back via the mixer with the ipad still docked, it then needs to be on. Thank you very much for your help Rim.....I couldn't try importing, as I'm moving individual drum tracks from an alesis adat!! Thanks again,
Matt/hobbit