FaderPort Pan Automation Not Writing

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

FaderPort Pan Automation Not Writing

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Rim. I just received my Presonus FaderPort and there are 2 things that I can't fiqure out. First is the automation of the pan control. I set the track to write from the FaderPort and Auria's R W both turn yellow like they should, however when I move the pan control the yellow W does not turn red as it does when I write the fader automation. What I find strange is that if I move the pan in Auria with my finger on the iPad screen, the pan starts to write and the yellow W turns red like it should. So how is it that even though the write mode is turned on and the pan knob is moving yet Auria won't go into automation write mode. I would think that as soon as the pan knob moves the writing of automation should start no matter what is controlling the pan knob movement.
The second thing is a feature want rather than a need. The Presonus FaderPort has a motorized fader and after a tracks automation has been recorded the motorized fader will respond to the tracks automation. In Logic Pro when I move the fader of the track on the screen the FaderPort moves with it. The feature I believe is called Touch and it is this setting that allows the motorized fader to follow the tracks fader movement in real time.
Other than those 2 things the HUI in FaderPort are working great. Pan automation is very important to me as is level. The motorized fader response is not that critical but has a very high cool factor imo. Cheers and hope I explained it ok.
~~_/~~~

Rim
Site Admin

Re: FaderPort Pan Automation Not Writing

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:24 am

Are you saying that when you move Auria's fader, the motorized fader doesn't move? It should... I don't have a faderport, but we tested this on a real HUI and MCU Pro, and it worked fine here.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:56 am

Rim wrote:Are you saying that when you move Auria's fader, the motorized fader doesn't move? It should... I don't have a faderport, but we tested this on a real HUI and MCU Pro, and it worked fine here.

Rim
That is correct. When I move Auria's fader the FaderPort does not move as well when moving from track to track the FaderPort sometimes does not take on the new tracks fader position. In other words if the new tracks fader is half way, FaderPort sets its fader to 0 but not always. The FaderPort is the most affordable and practicle for Auria users who own a small project studio and most likely the controller most will be purchasing. Other than these features it's working great. I did a tutorial video for my YouTube channel showing off Auria under HUI control and you can see this happen live in the video. Cheer and thanks so much for this really cool feature Rim.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:18 am

Thanks. I've pinged Presonus to see if we can get one in here for testing.

Rim

amahdigital
Expert

Post by amahdigital » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:58 am

Hello there, just checking -any word from presonus regarding the faderport yet ?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:19 am

No reply from them yet.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:45 pm

@Anthony Alves: Did you ever resolve your motorised fader issue, Anthony?

@Rim: I appreciate you're busy with loads of more important things but did you get a response from Presonus (such that you'll be in a position to test Auria/FaderPort compatibility - in particular the "Pan Automation not writing" issue of the OP)?

FaderPorts seem to have dropped in price recently so I may be able to afford one as a Christmas present to myself :D I hope the price drop doesn't herald FaderPort's obsolescence though.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:43 am

No, never heard back from them unfortunately.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 am

Rim wrote:No, never heard back from them unfortunately.
That's a pity :| Short of buying you a FaderPort, is there anything I/we can do (tests, etc.) to help you iron out the wrinkles and hopefully get the FaderPort working optimally with Auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:33 am

I'll have to ask for one for Christmas myself ;)

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 am

Rim wrote:I'll have to ask for one for Christmas myself ;)
:lol: Well I've caved already - mine is being delivered tomorrow. Christmas arrives early, when you're impatient, like me! :wink:

P.S. It's all Anthony's fault - with his seductive YTs (and I'm desperately trying to resist the lure of the iPad Air) :lol:

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:03 am

Rim wrote:I'll have to ask for one for Christmas myself ;)

Rim
@Rim: Did Santa Clause bring you a FaderPort, Rim? I do hope so, because I've noticed a few Auria-compatibility issues that I think would be straightforward for you to fix if you had one to play with.

@Anthony Alves: Are you still around, Anthony?

actualproof
Expert

Post by actualproof » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Any update on FaderPort? About 75% of it works... If all of it worked: gamechanger!