Anyone using kaoss pad for recordingffects?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

Anyone using kaoss pad for recordingffects?

Post by Guilleonline » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm new to the Kaoss world but lately I had an idea of converting one of my ballads into a 'titanium' or 'kaskade' kind of song and realized one of this devices is pretty much needed for the effects. I see I could recreate some of the eq changes and the reverb crazyness with automation but it would probably take longer and not so much fun.

Any users here? How could the routing be done? It's literally a new world for me but I want to get my hands on it :mrgreen:

Guilleonline
Expert

Re: Anyone using kaoss pad for recordingffects?

Post by Guilleonline » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Or is there an app that I could use to record kaoss like effects? How is the qualilty though? Is there an app within auria that can do this things?

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Isn't there an app or two?
Kaossilator I think.

Most synths have at least one XY pad, (4, on Turnado) you gotta check that out either as a standalone or get the Auria in app version.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:02 pm

Thank you I'll check them out! Do you use any?

Gramula

Post by Gramula » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Yes I have been using the KP3 Kaoss Pad for effects and recording. I just have outputs from my interface going to the input of the KP3. I then route the output from the KP3 back into inputs of my interface. I arm those tracks in Auria and am good to go. I just finished a project with drums from Beatmaker, Bass from Nave, guitar from Bias. I use my Brian Moore Custom midi guitar into an Axon AX 50 and then into the Midi DIN input in my Akai EIE. I simultaneously recorded the guitar parts ( the guitar also has a piezo and Seymour Duncan pickup output ) this takes up another two inputs in the Akai. Aside from the obvious memory glitches in the Ipad it came off without a hitch. I had to keep closing and reopening Auria and the other apps to get the order right. I believe I also used Audiobus in conjunction with IAA. For some reason I was getting a delay when I use Bias in Audiobus. Anyway the KP3 sounds really cool but I had to use 2 tracks to record it into Auria. I'm sure there is an easier way...maybe as an insert effect? If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!!

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:32 am

Yeah an insert effect would be ideala nd straight to the point, but I was thinking about routing everything just like you have described yours. I've been. Studying the apps available since I created this post and to my surprise there are some great apps to achieve the most common effects the kaoss can do! Including some apps within Auria! I'll give those a tey first to get my hands into something. I don't know why I have this feeling that there will be a new kaoss for the upcoming Namm show.