Audiobus Frustrations

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

leehoward
Expert

Audiobus Frustrations

Post by leehoward » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:07 am

I have an Ipad 3 and use lots of music apps. I try and use Audibus but give up after about two minutes owing to stutters and crackles etc. Can't seem to get clean sounds without something goin on. I use Auria as output. Am I missing something or is this an Audiobus problem with the new IOS and do you think this problem will be rectified by whoever soon? Audiobus seems like the perfect inter app if only it worked. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Audiobus Frustrations

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:05 am

Audiobus can work well, but a few rules should be followed to avoid issues like what you're describing:

- Make sure Audiobus mode is enabled in Auria's settings page
- Make sure to use a 44100 sample rate in Auria. Most other apps won't work with other sample rates.
- Double-tap on the home button and close all apps, including Auria. Then launch Audiobus, add your synth, then Auria.

Hope this helps.
Rim

leehoward
Expert

Post by leehoward » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:15 am

Thank you so much. Great help but I think Audibus still has it's problems even with other apps and not always into Auria. Hope this gets sorted as AB is a good app and I found it worked so much better before the IOS update. Thanks again.

kwalker0210
Expert

Post by kwalker0210 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 am

Since upgrading my iPad 3 to IOS 7 and acquiring apps that are inter app audio compatible, life is good. Of course Auria is my host. I use Sampletank, NLog Synth PRO, Alchemy Mobile PRO, Magellan, and Amplitube. Pretty happy so far.

leehoward
Expert

Post by leehoward » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Since upgrading my iPad 3 to IOS 7 and acquiring apps that are inter app audio compatible, life is good. Of course Auria is my host. I use Sampletank, NLog Synth PRO, Alchemy Mobile PRO, Magellan, and Amplitube. Pretty happy so far.

How do you find using Sampletank in Auria? No crackles and pops?

brooks501
Expert

Post by brooks501 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:09 am

Hi

been using Audiobus on iPad 2 and iPad Mini with Auria and usual apps, had no problems, although like Rim said there are some rules to follow, I close all apps, do a reset by holding down home and power button together until restart, then turn on airplane mode, open Audiobus, select the app for the input first then open Auria in the output slot.

I find having the buffer set to 512 frames in the settings in Audiobus helps as well, i've streamed live through Audiobus using the Bossjock app into Audiobus then into a ice cast streaming app called Koalasan, worked with no problems, i've also done a video for the students of the Uni radio station that are using this system to broadcast live.

http://youtu.be/y889O-NjpLY

With a bit of playing around i managed to get a mixing desk into Auria then into Koalasan via Audiobus by putting Auria into the input slot.

hope this helps.