Audiobus and the input matrix

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Paul2332

Audiobus and the input matrix

Post by Paul2332 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:37 am

I have searched for an answer to this problem in the forum but I have not found an answer that directly addresses my problem. Please redirect me if there is a relevant post.

I have been using audiobus to record into auria and I have successfully recorded tracks using sunrizer and Dm1. However, after closing the project and reopening the next day I am unable to record enable the track during playback. The record enable light is on while the project is paused but as soon as the play button is pressed the flashing red light vanishes and no audio can be heard from the synth app.

I have tried several troubleshooting methods mentioned on this site but I haven't been able to find one which solves the problem. I have tried switching the audio input monitoring on and off and I have checked the privacy settings in the ipad.
These solutions were suggested to users who couldn't initially record into auria. I was able to successfully record into auria and I am able to activate the record enable light initially but after rebooting I am unable to record enable.

I hoped that IAA would solve this problem but the apps I use don't appear in the list of IAA apps recognized by auria.

Is there a tutorial that explains how to work with audiobus and the input matrix to avoid this problem or is there any relevant information that could help me solve this problem? Read through tthe user manual but I couldn't seem to find an answer to this specific problem.

I am using an ipad three with ios7

Cheers,

P

Chris M
Expert

Re: Audiobus and the input matrix

Post by Chris M » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Hello,

"The record enable light is on while the project is paused but as soon as the play button is pressed the flashing red light vanishes and no audio can be heard from the synth app." Do you mean the synth that you had previously recorded into Auria, or, a new synth you're attempting to record using AudioBus?

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

Paul2332

Post by Paul2332 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Thanks for the response.

I have had trouble with both. After rebooting all apps ie sunrizer, audiobus and auria, I can no longer record enable new synths or previously inserted synths in an existing project. If I were to restart auria and create a new project I can record enable instruments but not in an already existing project. It should be noted that I am able to record after rebooting but the but I am not able to record enable during playback.

So I'm not sure if there is a setting that I have enabled or disabled in the project or If I am misunderstanding the input matrix.

Cheers,
P

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:45 pm

There's a setting in Auria's settings page called "Auto Input Monitor". This is on by default now (starting in v1.13). What this does is disable record enable during playback (so you can hear the audio on that track). If this isn't what you want, just disable it.

Pressing record enable while playing was never possible, though. You need to enable all your tracks before you press play.

Rim

Paul2332

Post by Paul2332 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks rim

Live monitoring has been switched to on. I have tried several different methods mentioned by other users that suggest turning the live monitoring switches on and off repeatedly. All of the setting have been set to on.

The problem only occurs when I restart an existing project, which already had an instrument plugged into a track using audiobus, or when I try to create a new track using the same instrument. When I try to plug the instrument in again via audiobus, I am no longer able to record enable a track during playback. When I create a new project I turn all of the settings to on and I have no problem until I restart the app and replug the instruments into auria.

P

Paul2332

Post by Paul2332 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:45 pm

I had only found the "audio input monitor" switch not the "auto input monitor" switch. I disabled this switch and it appears to have solved the problem.

Thank you very much

P

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:10 am

This bug has been here for a while and I still experience it when using Jamup with Auria via AB.

The good news is there's a simple work around... Go to general settings and turn "Audiobus Live Monitoring" off, then back on. After about 2 seconds, voila AB working again!

Hope this helps

[EDIT] Sorry, just re-read your post and you mention already trying this..

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:31 am

Yeah, it looks like there are two issues here. One is that some audiobus compatible apps need to have Live Monitoring turned on to work properly. And the other is a personal preference. Some users like to have Auria automatically disable the record enables when playing. This is useful if you want to hear back what you've just recorded without having to manually turn off all your record enables on your tracks. But for other users, this gets in the way of workflow. So this is an option in Auria's setting called "Auto Input Monitor".

Rim