New GarageBand update...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

actualproof
Expert

New GarageBand update...

Post by actualproof » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:39 pm

Looks promising...? Lots of tracks, IAA, etc. Downloading now. Even though servers are SLAMMED!!

Syltaldo

Re: New GarageBand update...

Post by Syltaldo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Best thng: can export drum/bass grooves directly to auria in full aiff format :)

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Syltaldo wrote:Best thng: can export drum/bass grooves directly to auria in full aiff format :)
...I got the impression that off-line export from Garageband is not possible (not counting the mailing trick - export though the outbox as mp4 - which I never tried). Details, please.

I have not yet gone iOS7, but if GB export is possible without Itunes, it will be the next thing on my to-do-list.
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Peanutcram
Expert

Post by Peanutcram » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 am

Hi there,

I am a noob and needed a step-by-step introduction how to get my project from the new GB into Auria... I dont get the separated Tracks in. Its always the whole song as one track.
Tanks for help.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:03 am

I honestly haven't tried with the new GB yet, but in the old one you had to export with tracks mutes multiple times to get into Auria (and use the email trick to do it all only on an Pad without plugging in).

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Yes you can now export your tracks into Auria from Garageband 2.0. You will need to copy one track at a time as Garageband 2.0 does not have the multitrack track copy/paste option. So just solo the tracks you want exported - close the song- select the song-hit the left icon that shares your track and hit the A icon meaning Apps- there you will see Auria in the list choose it and Garageband copies the track into Auria- now to see the freshly imported audio select IMPORT AUDIO in Auria and you will see your tracks that you just imported from Garageband 2.0. Hope this helps and I will be posting a video on this today and I will share the link. Cheers.~~_/)~~~

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:22 pm

I tried on my IPhone. It works from the song list menu. Hold the song til it shakes. Push the square button with an arrow inside. Push the bottom rightmost icon that looks like an A. Chose quality of the export. Open in other app (in my case MultiTrackDaw) with the button in the upper right corner.
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:22 pm

Wow, Anthony. Thanks a lot. That's awesome. Didn't realize.

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 pm

You did beat me by two minutes.

Aph
Expert

Post by Aph » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:41 pm

It's why I bought an iPad. Loved it. Leaving it behind. MusicStudio can export seperate wav files for each track in one shot. And, most importantly, can give me a MIDI file! Garageband ain't ever gonna do that.
iPad 6 (2018 9.7 inch)
iOS 13.4
Auria Pro 2.250 (upgraded from Auria)

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:26 pm

Being able to export uncompressed audio is a great addition. The quality of the samples/sounds in GarageBand is unmatched in iOS land. It's a bummer that they still keep it closed down when it comes to IAA and AB, being able to put those strings or guitars and pianos through Auria or any IAA effects would have been pretty nice : /

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:09 pm

GB is still my go to sketchpad, and sometimes I'll just do a mixdown and upload that to soundcloud. Now I might just have to export dry and treat each track in Auria to get that extra oomph.

BTW
The concert grand in Garageband is just awesome. I have a pianist friend that I jam with once a week, and she loves that piano better than any other app I have. You can really hear the wood resonating on that patch. Especially cool when played from a weighted keyboard.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

DFiasco

Post by DFiasco » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:16 pm

First post here. In fact, I signed up just to contribute to this thread. I'm thrilled with the updates for Auria, GB and iOS7, and I'm looking forward to upgrading from an iPad 2 to the AIR when it's released.

I totally agree about the sounds in GB and I wanted to point out how good the standup bass, of all things, sounds. It's really pretty amazing for a sampled "jazz" bass, and if you "play" it well and sit in the mix right, you can hardly tell it's not real. IMHO. And, this is coming from someone who played three gigs a week for the previous 4 years with a standup bass player.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:19 pm

DFiasco wrote:First post here. In fact, I signed up just to contribute to this thread. I'm thrilled with the updates for Auria, GB and iOS7, and I'm looking forward to upgrading from an iPad 2 to the AIR when it's released.

I totally agree about the sounds in GB and I wanted to point out how good the standup bass, of all things, sounds. It's really pretty amazing for a sampled "jazz" bass, and if you "play" it well and sit in the mix right, you can hardly tell it's not real. IMHO. And, this is coming from someone who played three gigs a week for the previous 4 years with a standup bass player.
You have a good point about playing the track properly for what type of instrument is being recorded. It takes a good sample set and some good playing/programming to get the optimal effect out of the sounds.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

mixmaker
Expert

Post by mixmaker » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:12 pm

Tried to make this trick with export from GB
Doesn't work
Fond another way:
Export tracks from GB to dropbox, after that import file in auria from dropbox