Audiocopy not working

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Murphy68

Audiocopy not working

Post by Murphy68 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:28 am

Hi there

When I try to Audiocopy a selection from Auria it doesn't work - whatever was previously copied remains on the clipboard. Also, trying to open the impc app through Audiocopy in Auria causes Auria to crash.

I want to chop samples in Auria (which I can do) and assign to pads on the impc (which I can't) - any ideas for a workaround?

I have an ipad 3 64g with ios 7.

Many thanks

Dave

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Audiocopy not working

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:40 am

AudioCopy and AudioPaste works fine here. I just tried it on a fresh project without any issues. I also pressed selected iMPC after AudioCopying and it switched to iMPC without problems. Often the operating system will shut down an app like Auria because you're running out of RAM, and this looks like a crash. I suggest rebooting your iPad, then double-tapping on the home button to close all the background apps and try again. It's important to do both because rebooting doesn't close your background apps.

Do you have the AudioCopy app downloaded and installed on your iPad?

Here's what I did as my test:

1. Create a new project with 2 tracks
2. Import some audio
3. Touch one of the regions to select it, then go to the menu and choose AudioCopy
4. The AudioCopy app starts launching (if it's not already open)
5. I get a box that asks me to name the track. I just press the AudioCopy button
6. I choose iMPC from the list. iMPC opens
7. I switch back to Auria
8. I open the menu and choose AudioPaste
9. A box pops up with a list of audio to AudioPaste. I choose Auria Sounds, and pick the last one

Rim

Murphy68

Post by Murphy68 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:01 am

Hi Rim,

Thanks for the swift response. I tried rebooting and thought I'd closed everything in the background but it seems that maybe I didn't. I'll retry, following your advice.

Did you find the audio you selected and copied was the same as what got pasted to impc? - I audiopasted a song from Music Studio into Auria, chopped it, selected one of the samples, audiocopied it, went to impc and audiopasted - the audio it pasted was the full song I'd originally copied into ACP from Music Studio and not the chopped piece I'd selected in Auria.

Sorry if I didn't explain that clearly in my first post - I hope the above makes sense.

Dave

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:27 am

When you say you chopped it then audioCopied, can you give me a more detailed explanation? There are a few ways to do this in Auria, so I want to make sure I test the right one.

Thanks,
Rim

Murphy68

Post by Murphy68 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:30 am

I may be using the wrong terminology; I just mean splitting a track into shorter sections in the edit window.

I then follow this process:

Select a two bar piece of audio (the selection becomes highlighted in blue around its border)

Select 'copy' (AudioCopy box appears)

Select 'Copy Audio' (a blue tick appears with a list of compatible apps)

Select iMPC (iMPC app opens)

Select program edit ('edit program' window opens)

Select 'sample new sound' ('Sample New Sound' window opens)

Select AudioPaste button (AudioPaste window opens)

Select 'Auria Sounds' (Auria Sounds window opens)

Under this selection, I now have 7 pieces of audio in the list (from my many attempts) - each one is the full song I originally AudioPasted into Auria (from Music Studio) prior to editing. None of the 7 are the two bar edit I selected at the beginning of the process listed above.

Thanks

Dave

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:07 am

OK, thanks for the clarification. I'm trying to duplicate this, and it works fine for me. I create a new project, import a large audio file, split it into several smaller sections. Touch one of the sections to select it, then choose AudioCopy (not Copy, which looks similar but does something different). When I paste it into several other audio apps, I only get the two bar region I selected. And if I try to AudioPaste it back into Auria, I also only get that two bar clip.

If you're able to recreate this in a new project, please send a video. This might be the best way to demonstrate exactly what you're doing. Maybe I'm missing a crucial difference between what you're doing and what I'm doing.

Thanks,
Rim