Behringer X32 need help with setting up with Auria

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

steviee8
Expert

Behringer X32 need help with setting up with Auria

Post by steviee8 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:55 pm

Can someone out there who have been successful in recording with the X32 to Auria give me a tutorial on setting it up?

We just bought one with 2 more on the way. Very impressive and feature packed. Our cost is under 2grand for the big version!

I tried to set up with Auria. USB out of the X32 to USB hub then to iPad. We experienced pops every few seconds. Which is crazy. If I pulled up the input matrix in the app, all 24 inputs showed up but I would see every meter pop to full. (on the iPad.)
Also I couldn't figure how to get the playback from Auria to play back out of the X32. I got it to record but like I said it popped on the recording.

I changed settings in Auria from record latency to turning off the effect or record monitoring. Still the same pop throughout Auria. (BTW both console and project were set to 48k)

So if anyone can give me tips from start to finish to set it up would be great.

{Did you know you can have up to 10 iPads controlling the mix at the same time. Take that all you other digital consoles! ;)
Also Behrigner is coming out with an X32 rackmount version (minus the surface) Either control it with an iPad(s) , computer or Midi controller.}

S8

trupro
Expert

Re: Behringer X32 need help with setting up with Auria

Post by trupro » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:21 pm

I think the main issue here is
that you got a

Behringer product.

No seriously tho i dont think that is on the compatible interface list, but
Try popping the USB out into a powered hub, has worked for some to improve.

Also, use a higher latency setting in Auria. If you are using this to mix rather than track.
If tracking, try disabling all but the inputs you need.

Also, dont buy things made by Behringer :)

No but really it mite just not be compatible

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:50 pm

We're still waiting for an X32 from Behringer to test, and when we receive it, we'll take a look to see what might be happening. I recommend trying it with a 44.1 sample rate to see if it works better. Also, try setting the record latency to 4096.

Rim

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:32 am

LOL :lol: , Trupro. That's what I've been saying for years as well. Until now. Since they bought Midas, (one of the best most toured with consoles) they've really raised the bar. On a number of points I could go into but am not since I'm not a salesmen.
But "the bang for the buck" value I'm blown away. Midas preamps sound better than Yamaha's digital consoles.

Anyways, I see on Auria's list of compatible sound cards it is on the top. (Of the list.)

It's not important that we get it to work I merely figured I'd hook it up and try.

Rim, I'll wait to see what you guys say after you get to play with one. I'm guessing the reason of pops every few seconds makes me think its a word clock thing. When I'm back in the office I'll mess around with it. I may ask the behringer tech support and see if they've tried.

Thx

S8

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:17 am

I don't own that product. But I experience pops sometimes on tracks. If I change to a different track, it disappears.
Dunno if that will help. I have the Alesis ioDock.

thillofindy

Post by thillofindy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:30 pm

I just posted some discoveries I made just today they are in the working not working thread but just to recap
"I've been playing all morning and I think I have at least part of it figured out...Auria and the Ipad dont seem to like the x32 usb card set at 32x32...I get constant pops, (buffer size has no effect on pops) 16x16 i have reduced pops but pops none the less...now if i go 32x8 ( and this is on the card out I have no pops and I am still able to record 24 tracks...I am now working on my Ipad to eliminate all none essential programs from running and eating up memory and other processing power...I just recorded a 10 min stretch of music with no apparent problems. I don't know why this works but it seems to."
hope this helps

steviee8
Expert

Post by steviee8 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:08 am

It's been a while but finally (probably with the help of a newer firmware version 1.15 on the X32) was able to get the X32 to record. I hadn't tried 32 channels at the same time but I get no pops or clicks even when set to 32x32
I'm also able to use the "remote" function on the desk to PlAY, Stop, FF, FR, or RTZ, record enable, Solo, Mute and REC

That's pretty cool.

I will try to record more channels and let you know.

chino

Post by chino » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:57 am

I managed to set up the x32 with auria and all input channels working fine, but haven't figured out how to route playback back to specific channels. Right now they go to channel 1 and 2 on the x32. Is there a way to route the playback to other channels?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:31 am

This is done in Auria's output matrix page. It allows you to assign Auria's outputs to different USB output channels.

Rim

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:39 am

Hey Rim, am sorry to write you about this problem here in this topic because am a bit out of subject but I something I don't understand.
I have a Bose sound system and I connect it by Bluetooth to my IPad. When I listen to music from my iPad's library it goes to the Bose and when I play my music from Auria it comes out from the IPad speakers. Do you have any suggestion to help me please. I need to mix my music from speakers and not from headphone...logical.
Waiting for your reply. Thanks
Anton

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:10 am

Auria doesn't support bluetooth connections. Apple doesn't allow an app which records and plays to use the bluetooth connection. However, if you have Air Play or an Apple TV, you can route Auria's audio output to those devices under iOS7.

Rim

chino

Post by chino » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:37 am

Have been doing some recording with auria now on our X32. It's great to have the ability to record our band practice. We record 16 channels and it's working fine. My question is: It says that auria supports mackie controls. Is it possible to have the X32 send channel names and settings to auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:18 am

Yes, we have tried this. You can put the X32 in a Mackie control mode which allows you to control Auria and for Auria to control the X32. Make sure you press the Remote button on the left of the X32 after you set the mode. I remember this was important.

Rim

chino

Post by chino » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:21 am

Ok thanks :-) Will try this out on band practice later tonight.

chino

Post by chino » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 am

Remote works between auria and X32. But can't get the auria app to read the channel names... is there some setting for this that I have missed?