Re-loading saved project error

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

danielmstroud

Re-loading saved project error

Post by danielmstroud » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:52 pm

I have recently been reading up on how to mix things properly online and found that I wanted to go and do some tweaking to one of my projects I saved back in June. Since my iPad 4 only has 13 of so GB's, I decided to pull off my file that I thought I was done with and put it on my external hard drive.

So this morning I came across some time and pulled off the .project bundle file from my external and put it back into Auria's files. I then opened up Auria and found out that there was no way to open the file. What happened??? I tried the snapshot that is under it but the screen just loads like something is happening yet nothing changes. Also, the run time for the snapshot says 00:02 when the song is around 03:15.

Am I doing something wrong? I also displayed the contents of the bundle on my Mac and transferred the most recent snapshot to see if that would kickstart anything. Turns out, after a couple of tries, that snapshot won't even show up in Auria's files after I unplug it from the computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this problem or is this just an error? Also, is there something I can do to prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks,
Daniel

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Re-loading saved project error

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:21 pm

When you copied the project, did you copy the entire project bundle? On Macs, it's a bundle and on PCs, it looks like a folder. You need to make sure the entire thing gets copied. Maybe some file got lost in the transfer? Were you doing this using iTunes, or a program like iFunBox?

Rim

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:43 am

When I first imported it from Auria to a laptop, I used a Mac. When I've tried to reload it, I've used iTunes file transfer on a PC and on a Mac and still no success. When I originally moved it from my iPad to the computer I did what the User Guide said to do which was

"only the project bundle itself needs to be moved (or the project directory if viewed from Windows)" pg.77

As far as I can tell nothing is missing from the project bundle because the last Autosnapshot was on June 1, 2013 and that was when I exported the song.

I've also tried every option of compressing the folders:
1.Just compressing the project bundle as a whole and transferring it to Auria via File Transfer.
2.Taking each folder within the project bundle (backups, content, snapshots and overview) and compressing them and importing those individually as folders along with each audio file and freeze file individually via File Transfer.
3.Taking each folder within the project bundle (backups, content, snapshots and overview) and compressing them and importing those individually as folders along with putting all audio files and freeze files into a folder, compressing that, and importing that individually via File Transfer.
4.Taking each folder within the project bundle (backups, content, snapshots and overview) and compressing them and importing those individually as folders along with putting all audio files and freeze files into a folder, compressing that, and putting each of those folders into another folder and compressing that as one folder and then importing that via File Transfer.

Do you have any other suggestions that I haven't already done?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Please send me a zip file of that project. I'll try opening it here to see what the problem is. Send via dropbox to rim at drumagog dot com.

Thanks,
Rim

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:59 pm

That's a great idea.

How do I do that? I have a dropbox account, but I'm not for sure how to send stuff to somebody else. Can I just give you the link to the folder? That seems like the only way to do it...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:12 am

The easiest way is to copy the project bundle onto your computer, zip it, then go to the dropbox site and upload it to your dropbox account. Once it's uploaded, you can right click on the zip and share the link with me: rim at drumagog dot com

Thanks,
Rim

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:17 am

I sent you the link to the file via dropbox just a second ago. Tell me if you didn't get it.

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Did you get a chance to look at the file I sent you?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Not yet, but it's on my list for 1.13. I'll PM you as soon as I find something. Thanks again.

Rim

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:28 pm

I know you said you'd look at it as soon as you could, but I kinda have a deadline I'm supposed to meet with this song and I wanted to fix it up before I send it out to my friend who's putting an album together. Is there any way you could check out that file before next week?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:50 pm

I can't promise anything. I've got a pretty hefty list, and can only check things off one at a time ;) I'll try my best to look at all the projects sent to me for 1.13.

Rim

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Did you get my response you sent to me via e-mail? If not, here it is again:

Yes. I saved this project back in June when I completed it (around the same date that the final snapshot file date is on the one you mentioned). Since I thought I was done with it, I pulled it off of my iPad as I have a space limitation and put it on my external hard drive. I followed the instructions just like the Auria user guide states and moved the entire folder all at once via iTunes File Transfer.

Since June I've learned some new techniques in mixing that I would like to employ on this project to make it sound a little better. So I tried to resurrect it from my external hard drive and compressed the folder like the user guide states and transferred it into the via iTunes transfer back onto my iPad. When I opened it up it seemed like nothing is there although the same amount of space is still taken up that I remember the total file being when I first transferred it.

I've tried other files since then and have found them to work just fine moving from my iPad to my external and back to my iPad (via compressed form). No hiccups and not a problem.

So my question is: What the heck is missing in this file that isn't letting Auria read the files. It seems like all of the files are there from the file size and I didn't pull the plug too soon or something when I moved it from my iPad the first time.

That's all I got for you. I hope something can come of this.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:58 pm

The project you sent me is missing the .prj file, which is the actual project file. Without that file, it's just a collection of wav files. There's nothing to tell Auria where to put them, etc. Somehow when you copied the project, that prj file must not have copied, or there was an interruption while copying. Did you use iFunBox to do the copying? This is the recommended program now, since iTunes has issues at times.

Rim