First time impression.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rayetheridge
Expert

First time impression.

Post by rayetheridge » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I did a practice run last night using Auria, Scarlett 2i2 and an assortment of microphones on vocals and acoustic guitar. I was highly impressed. I did have GUI difficulties in which sometimes I would have to touch a gesture 10 times or more to get it to interact. Other than that I am satisfied. Surprised that it actually has better result using the same gear on my laptop.

Gear: iPad 4 32GB, Belkin power hub, Scarlett 2i2 interface.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: First time impression.

Post by Rim » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 pm

The current Auria version has a bug that makes all the knobs on channelstrips and plugins circular instead of linear. I'm not sure if that was the issue you were having. If not, please let me know what it was.

Thanks,
Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Ah, I was having great difficulty with the knobs last night, that explains it! I knew I was tired but not that tired. I did feel like I was having to tap more often in general last night.

rayetheridge
Expert

Post by rayetheridge » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:38 pm

Rim wrote:The current Auria version has a bug that makes all the knobs on channelstrips and plugins circular instead of linear. I'm not sure if that was the issue you were having. If not, please let me know what it was.

Thanks,
Rim
An example last night of the GUI difficulties would be we're I would try to enable/engage the "record" button on the 2nd track and it would not do anything. I had to restart Auria and it would work. It did it about 2 more times after the first glitch.

Also, sometimes I would use EQ and notice there was no effect difference such as low pass and high pass until I closed out of sub menu and reopened it and tried again.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:08 am

I don't see any of these issues here. In order to get the EQ to work on the channelstrip, you need to press several things: First, the EQ button needs to be turned on at the bottom. Then, you need to press one of the IN buttons corresponding to the EQ section you want. Then, you turn the EQs gain control to something useful, and start moving the frequency knob until it does what you're looking for. Also, you need to make sure the master Bypass button is off at the very top of that channel.

Rim

rayetheridge
Expert

Post by rayetheridge » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Rim wrote:I don't see any of these issues here. In order to get the EQ to work on the channelstrip, you need to press several things: First, the EQ button needs to be turned on at the bottom. Then, you need to press one of the IN buttons corresponding to the EQ section you want. Then, you turn the EQs gain control to something useful, and start moving the frequency knob until it does what you're looking for. Also, you need to make sure the master Bypass button is off at the very top of that channel.

Rim
After more time at Starbucks mixing a song; I have only one tedious complaint: I can not seem to get a precise control on the channel strip knobs. Is there a easier way around this? EQ is my best friend so may not deal with the stock EQ channel strip effect and dish out $30 on the 3rd party EQ from Fabfilter.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:46 pm

I have switched to using the "rotary" motion on knobs, but have a unique technique when using them.

I start by touch-holding the knob in the center and drag my finger straight away from the knob so I'm not even near it. This way I can clearly see it and as long as I don't lift my finger, changing values works great.

I do still have to hit some buttons a few times due to my enormous fingers though.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:49 pm

There's a bug in the latest version of Auria (1.120) which causes all the channelstrip and plugins to use rotary (circular) knob mode. While this is what you might want, it might have caught you off guard. The next update will fix this and allow you to switch properly between circular and linear.

Rim

actualproof
Expert

Post by actualproof » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Rim wrote:There's a bug in the latest version of Auria (1.120) which causes all the channelstrip and plugins to use rotary (circular) knob mode. While this is what you might want, it might have caught you off guard. The next update will fix this and allow you to switch properly between circular and linear.

Rim

Your body is so bangin'.

Ericd921
Expert

Post by Ericd921 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:30 pm

As far as the knobs go...I bought a stylus to use with Auria and find that I can make more precise movements that way, including during editing and automation. Highly recommended!
Eric

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Ericd921 wrote:As far as the knobs go...I bought a stylus to use with Auria and find that I can make more precise movements that way, including during editing and automation. Highly recommended!
What a great idea. I even have one I can use.
Where'd I put that darned thing?
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)