Interface to use with Auria, Audiobus and Amplitube

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

G-master G
Expert

Interface to use with Auria, Audiobus and Amplitube

Post by G-master G » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:53 am

Hello there,
I have a setup/interface question so I will set the scene:
Guitar > INTERFACE> iPad > Amplitube > Audiobus > Auria.
It is the interface with which I am having problems at the moment. Despite repeated attempts I cannot get a reliable connection using the Scarlett 18i6 but I am sure this is just my lack of knowledge of how to use it correctly.
I would just rather buy something that is going to give me a reliable connection and which has been designed for use with the iPad (the tech people at Focusrite told me that the 18i6 isn’t really designed to be used with the iPad).
I was going to buy an iRig but I then read in the “Ask the Experts” forum that someone was having trouble with their iRig feeding back and that they exchanged it for an Apogee jam but was still experiencing problems.
Now, having re-read that post I note that the issue there was entirely confined to Auria in that the issue was when using THM on the channel strip.
I am hoping that feedback won’t be an issue because it isn’t with the 18i6 (it has other issues albeit unknown to me) but before I buy either an iRig or an Apogee jam can someone please confirm if I would have the feedback issues when attempting the setup that I have described above?

Washboy
Expert

Re: Interface to use with Auria, Audiobus and Amplitube

Post by Washboy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:11 pm

I use an Apogee Jam in a very similar configuration (except that I use JamUp, instead of Amplitube) and have had no problems whatsoever.

G-master G
Expert

Post by G-master G » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:03 am

Thank you for the recommendation.

Cheers

Grant.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:33 am

+1on the Apogee Jam , used to own an irig and nearly blew my ears out with feedbac :shock: no such probs with the Jam ,also I have never had any problems at all using the apogee with the Iap THM
In fact I much prefer overloud to Amplitude sound wise It kicks ass 8)

G-master G
Expert

Post by G-master G » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks Jus

I will go with the Apogee. I agree that THM is superior to Amplitube and I use THM for all of my guitar work. The main (only) reason that I have Amplitube is for the Ampeg bass processor. I play and record all of the bass lines for our 3-piece backing tracks and record all of them for our demos and EPs and the Ampeg option saves me having to buy a bass amp.

Cheers

Grant