AURIA for the iPHONE???

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sm7x7

AURIA for the iPHONE???

Post by sm7x7 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:01 am

How about the version of Auria for the iPhone? Is it too hard to make one?

martygras
Expert

Re: AURIA for the iPHONE???

Post by martygras » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:35 am

Well the screen real estate is kinda cramped as it is on the iPad so, yeah, it would have too many sub menus and be difficult to swap back and forth between screen so much.

There is a simpler DAW that runs well on iPhone and iPod called "Multitrack DAW" by Harmonicdog. It does not have all the awesome bells and whistles like Auria does, but has all the basic editing features as well as a nice reverb and delay and per channel comp/eq/aux. I use it a lot for sampling in the field as well as podcasting.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:57 pm

NanoStudio is the perfect living example that it is actually possible to put a fully-fledged studio into a streamlined iPhone UI, with a bit of thought. If anything, Wavemachine Labs should use that as a prototype for Auria on iPhone (and for Christ's sake, NOT Beatmaker 2!!!)

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:09 pm

I'd buy it. No plugins, just recording, basic mixing and basic editing (trim, slice, copy and move). And, critically, dropbox sync so I can easily open up a project started on my phone on my iPad. MTD is handy but clip editing blows and no mixer is frustrating.

sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:31 am

Guys/gals, I know all the stuff you mentioned above (MTDAW, NanoStudio, hundreds of others) and I actually HAVE all of them as well as I have bought an Auria the day it came out. The question is straight-forward: how about the iPhone version of AURIA (not anything else)? I agree with previous comments about small screens (no problem for even busier PH ReBirth, and the iOS zoom works just fine) or ''bells and whistles'' (no need all of them, or just give more IAP options for those who really need them), but the iPhone's CPU is comparable with the iPad 4's one, so why not? Would like to hear the dev's opinion on that one. Rim, please?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 pm

It's something we've considered, but Auria at the moment is custom tailored for the iPad screen, so that's what we're focusing on. It's possible we might revisit this in the future.

Rim

sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:42 am

That's a hope, Rim, that's a hope. Please, re-visit this option sometime in (close) future! We, the iPhone users, will REALLY appreciate it!! :D

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:23 pm

An Auria "lite" for the iPhone would be really nice. Obviously 3rd party plugs won't make it over (I take it). But, having an Auria Lite for just recording stuff via Audiobus, ACP or recording interfaces when out and about. With the most basic stuff like volume and pan. The when you get home, you just need to transfer the project file/folder via Dropbox, iCloud, a new wifi sync in Auria or whatever would work best.

That would be so much better then recording/producing multiple audio tracks on your phone, going through all the hassle of importing and exporting, creating new projects and so on. Anyway, I'm all for revisiting that idea in the future. :)

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:32 pm

It's more simple going bigger (Nanostudio & Beatmaker) that going little (iMpc & Auria if he decide to make)

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:20 pm

I think an iPhone version would be boss. Would definitely use it over BM2 that I'm currently recording into on iPhone. My vote is in.

anton06
Expert

Post by anton06 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:01 pm

An IPhone version would be just horrible...why not a version of Auria that works with a microscope??

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 am

The nice thing about universal apps is that you have choice. If you don't care for the experience on an iPhone, you have the choice to simply not install it and use it there. However, for those of us that do want to use it there, we would then have that option. Options are nice. To chime in and say "don't give people an option" seems like an odd way to spend your energy, but to each their own I guess.

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 am

Hi all IPhone version people,

You forget only one small thing.
Auria is developed by a single developer, meaning that iPhone version development will have hard implications on the IPad version, which already takes 100% of Rim's time.

Unless you are all willing to volunteer (for free) to help Rim develop it :wink: , most of us want the IPad version to proceed.
There are dreams and there is reality.
In reality coding takes time and the developer should avoid taking risks to harm already great work.

Anyone wants to share Rim's risk with it's own money? :o

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:08 am

Seems presumptuous to think you know what everyone else wants. You may be right, but it's just conjecture on your part without any evidence. I could be equally ridiculous and say that it's pretty clear to me that most people clearly want an iPhone version, but I wouldn't dare stick my foot in my mouth like that without any data to back it up. Rim said its not on the table. Just chill out and be happy.

martygras
Expert

Post by martygras » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:32 am

I agree 101% with Shay.

Although, a companion app for tracking would be justified so we can get some remote recording done, bring it home, use the "import from Auria Tracker" and start goin' to town.

I would never do any critical editing on a device smaller than the iPad. That's me though.

Multitrack DAW currently runs on an iPhone and is solid, but it does NOT have any tools above and beyond the very minimal editing tools.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)