Plugin order

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Plugin order

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:36 am

Not sure if thisnis a bug but I noticed that if I loaded a plugin in the master buss into plugin slot 3/4 not into 1/2 slots, if I touch the slot FX then the other plugin stops working but by touching it again the plugin begins to work again. This does not seem to happen if I load the plugins from top to bottom. I noticed this when I load the ProL into the last slot of the master buss so that it's in the last of the chain. If I never touch it then this doesn't happen. Cheers. ~~_/)~~~

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Plugin order

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:04 pm

So what do you touch to make this happen, the Fx button itself?

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:10 am

Yes thats right Rim. If I have say a ProC and ProG loaded in slot 3/4 and I touch the ProG the ProC stops working by touching the ProG again the ProC starts working. I have had this happen before this update but rarely. So I don't think it's the update that caused this. Cheers.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Another thing i would like to add: When i use a preset of one of the plug-ins, it never saves the name or the position of the preset in the list. So when i load up a project again and i would like to change the preset for a moment, i can't really go back to it, because i can rarely recall the name of it. Of course i can use undo, but that doesn't help me with the name either, in case i would like to know what i've been using in the first place.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Anthony, I;m not sure what you mean by "touch the ProG" or "touch the ProC". What are you touching exactly. It would be great if you could give me very detailed instructions to reproduce this. Please be very specific, starting from an empty project. This will help me reproduce this here.

Geronimo, thanks. This is on my list to fix.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:50 am

Sure Rim here is a more detailed description. There are 4 Plugin slots. When you load a plug into one of those slots the name of the plugin shows in that slot. Now when we want to edit the plugin we touch the little e beside the plugin name but if you want to change the plugin you just touch the plugin name so as to load another plugin. When I do this to load a different plugin the plugin above the one I touch stops working. Now without loading a different plugin touch the same plugin name again and the plugin above it starts working again. I can send a video if you would like.
Hope this better is a better description of the problem. Cheers Rim.
~~_/)~~~

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:29 am

OK, perfect, I'll add this to my list. Thanks!

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:20 am

Anthony,

I'm trying to reproduce this here with no success. Would you mind making a quick video?

Thanks,
Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:48 am

By the way, Auria's undo feature doesn't really track the changes within the fabfilter plug-ins.
I don't really think that it has to, but you have to be aware of the fact the both undo features,
the one within the plug-in and Auria's, work seperately. It's actually nice that way, because it adds
flexibility, but i've been clicking on the wrong undo on more than one occasion lately :D

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:10 am

I noticed this as well. I recommend using the undo in Auria, as this tracks all changes you make in the plugin. Pressing the undo buttons in a FabFilter plugin doesn't let Auria know, so you could get out of sync.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Rim wrote:I noticed this as well. I recommend using the undo in Auria, as this tracks all changes you make in the plugin. Pressing the undo buttons in a FabFilter plugin doesn't let Auria know, so you could get out of sync.

Rim
That's what i was trying to say actually. It doesn't always track everything that i do.
Sometimes after playing around with a plug-in for several minutes i notice that Auria's undo button does
something rather unrelated, like moving a sample back to a different position, although that was
long before i even opened the plug-in. I then just rely on Fabfilter's own undo function and everything
works out fine.

If you wish i can try to create a recreatable scenario for this or sent you a project if it shows up again.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:27 am

RIght, that's why I recommend not using the undo buttons inside the Fabfilter plugins. There's no way for Auria to track what those plugins are doing when you press those buttons, so you can get into a scenario where the two Undo systems are not in sync.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:39 am

Plugin order problem solved. It was human error on my part. I must have clicked on the IN button and had switched the plugin off and on again. Sorry about that. Thanks for your help. Cheers.