why did I end up paying twice?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

phaslem

why did I end up paying twice?

Post by phaslem » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:43 am

I got Auria LE and installed it, shortly after discovered that audiobus won't work in LE so I did the in-app upgrade.... bad news, audiobus still didn't work! So I think to myself that I'll delete the app and reinstall fresh and perhaps that will make the difference. When I go to itunes apps that I've purchased, they will only let me install the LE version even though I've done the upgrade.... So I pay again to install the full version....

I'm really happy with the recording program; but I'm really PISSED that I ended up paying twice the price to get it and have it working properly..... you should just take the LE program down or just charge people $100.00 to start with! How about some free stuff for those of us that have had to pay twice?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: why did I end up paying twice?

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:41 pm

You don't need to pay twice. If you bought the LE version, you can just delete the app from your iPad, then go into the app store and buy the LE version again. You will not be charged, as Apple never charges you to download something you already bought.

Once you have LE installed again, go into Auria's built-in store, and press the "Restore purchases" button at the top. This will restore any in-app purchases you made (including the upgrade you purchased). Once you do this, you'll have the full version of Auria again.

Keep in mind that if you purchased the LE version, then upgraded to the full version within Auria, Apple still considers that you bought the LE version. In Apple's eyes it's a separate product from the full Auria version, even though you upgraded to the full version. Functionally, it's exactly the same thing as owning the full version, but it's LE as far as Apple is concerned.

I hope that makes sense.

Rim

phaslem

Post by phaslem » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Oh, I understand that apple sees it as two separate programs, my point is just that even that being true, the upgraded version still didn't work with audiobus and I still ended up purchasing the full version and have now paid, twice in order to get a program that works the way I needed it to work.

So there should be some way when upgrading from the in app purchase that itunes recognizes that you now have the full version and not have to go back through downloading the LE version.

Samboni

Post by Samboni » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:24 am

Functionally, LE is *not* the same as full version, until the audiobus bug is fixed. Disappointed.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:13 am

I know - we have no control over the way Apple sees two separate apps. I agree, it's not a perfect system, but we're stuck with how Apple does this.

The audiobus bug affects both LE and upgraded LE versions (as referenced in the post about this earlier). It's already been fixed, and will appear in the next update, 1.12, which I hope to get into Apple's hands next week.

Sorry for the trouble!

Rim