How to import IR files?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

How to import IR files?

Post by Geronimo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:11 pm

I would like to use some that i've found on the net, but i have only an iPad available right now.
Any chance to import them without using anything external? And if not, how do i do it via PC?

If you're interested, here's a very nice source for IRs:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/printview.php?t=62458

supanorton
Expert

Re: How to import IR files?

Post by supanorton » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm on my iPhone right now not my iPad, but when I tapped on the second link, I was offered the option to open the IRs in DropBox. If you can get them into DropBox, it should be pretty easy to get them into Auria.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:28 am

supanorton wrote:I'm on my iPhone right now not my iPad, but when I tapped on the second link, I was offered the option to open the IRs in DropBox. If you can get them into DropBox, it should be pretty easy to get them into Auria.
I think so too, but how exactly? I remember reading about importing them via the iTunes app sync, but hopefully that's not the only way right now. I'm all for simplicity when it comes to files and programs, but some of these limitations are still a bit of a problem. Although it works well enough now audio wise.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:35 am

To use your own IRs, just put the IRs into the "IR Files" folder in Auria's file system. You can do this easily by using a program called iFunBox for your Mac or PC. Make sure the IR files are stereo WAV files.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 am

Rim wrote:To use your own IRs, just put the IRs into the "IR Files" folder in Auria's file system. You can do this easily by using a program called iFunBox for your Mac or PC. Make sure the IR files are stereo WAV files.

Rim
That i understand, but how about with just an iPad?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:53 pm

It's not possible, because iOS doesn't allow you to access another app's data, so there's no way to copy a file from one app (or safari, etc) to another.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Rim wrote:It's not possible, because iOS doesn't allow you to access another app's data, so there's no way to copy a file from one app (or safari, etc) to another.

Rim
But i can transfer it to dropbox. So it would technical be possible to have a "load IR files" via dropbox feature, no?

I'm not saying that you should implement it, because it's probably not worth the time, but with dropbox it would be possible, right?

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:12 pm

DropBox to AudioShare to Auria? Maybe?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:04 am

Yes, this is definitely possible within Auria, but just not implemented. A possibility for a future update.

Rim