Auria as Audiobus Input not working?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Auria as Audiobus Input not working?

Post by Geronimo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Well, i can load it up as input, i can select an effect, like AD480 or Turnado, and i can select speaker output. And while i'm able to play and hear everything that comes from Auria, i'm somehow not able to manipulate any of it via the inserted audiobus effects. I can turn all the knobs but it's not changing anything on the original sound.

Any ideas how to get this working? I've already checked for some kind of Audiobus mode in the output matrix, but no such luck.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria as Audiobus Input not working?

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:02 am

You're probably hearing Auria's own output as well, making it difficult to hear the effect output. Try routing your audio in Auria to a subgroup (say, Sub 1), then using Sub 1 as the input selection in the Audiobus input slot. Then, you can turn down the master fader in Auria and still get audio into Audiobus.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:15 am

Ah, it works like that. Although i have no idea why it does. Why does it only work on the Buss?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:36 am

Auria doesn't mute it's own output when you use it with Audiobus in the input slot. So if you use a Subgroup, you can mute the output yourself.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:51 am

Rim wrote:Auria doesn't mute it's own output when you use it with Audiobus in the input slot. So if you use a Subgroup, you can mute the output yourself.

Rim
Okay, i think i got it. But did you know that Auria works in background audio mode even when it's switched off, after i quit Audiobus? Doesn't reset the settings i think.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:32 am

Yes, that's because when you use Auria with Audiobus, background audio mode is turned on "behind the scenes", and doesn't get reset until Audiobus is gone, and Auria is reloaded.

Rim