Bug in reverb settings on update...Again

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

timmyg
Expert

Bug in reverb settings on update...Again

Post by timmyg » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Just updated to the ltest version and all my songs have completely changed. The reverb settings have been lost and now each þrack with reverb sounds as if it has way too much. This is making the songs sound very different to before I updated.

The frustrating thing is this hasn't been addressed since the last update. See my previous post about this after upgrading to the previous version.

Rim if you can answer this please.
Tim

Ps. I tried your snapshot suggestion from before but all the snapshots have the same problem

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Bug in reverb settings on update...Again

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:31 pm

I don't remember seeing your previous post. Which reverb are you taking about, the convolution reverb or the classicVerb? The ClassicVerb was changed a while back to improve it's sound, so it would have sounded different for sure after that update (I believe that was 1.06).

Rim

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:03 am

It's the Convolution Reverb I'm talking about. Why every time I upgrade do the reverbs all change?
It's quite a simple question really.

Here is a link to the post from when it happened before. Can't believe this hasn't happened to other users.
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10489

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:30 am

Tim,

The convolution reverb has stayed the same across all Auria versions. It's only the ClassicVerb that had it's engine updated, but that was many versions ago (almost a year ago).

I looked at that earlier post, and this was talking about a bug in 1.08 which had the possibility of corrupting your project. It's not exactly related to the reverb, but it's possible that if you loaded your project into Auria at that time, it could have gotten corrupted, and various settings in your project could have gotten random values. Any time a project gets corrupted, it's recommended to delete it and recreate it, as there's no telling what random garbage might have gotten written into that project. I assume you've done this?

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:03 am

I wonder if the 'mix' setting in the reverb plugin got accidentally changed from 50% to 100%. It would explain the large leap in reverb.

I use a lot of reverbs (pro and conv) on the Aux bus and have had no issues with changes in reverb levels when updating.

timmyg
Expert

Post by timmyg » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:02 am

So I managed to fix the issue after the update. This might be worth looking into for future updates and other people may have had this problem.

Basically all I did was selected a different reverb from the list, without touching any parameters, and then selecting the original reverb and hey presto; the song sounded as it did originally.

For example; On a drum track, I was using the 'Snare Room' reverb - I selected a different reverb, and immediately re-selected 'Snare Room' (without touching any dials ) and it restored the original reverb sound.

Now, I had to obviously do this for every track with reverb on (subs, aux and channel strips) but at least I managed to get my songs to sound how they did before.

Strange one eh? Good result though