How to conect Auria to Korg Pa3x using camera conect adaptor

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Gianul

How to conect Auria to Korg Pa3x using camera conect adaptor

Post by Gianul » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:44 pm

I recently purchased Auria and I would like to record music from my Korg Pa3x.
Is there a way to do that by using just the camera adapter?, or do I need to conect it trough an audio card.
I have a Quad Capture audio card from Roland, but I can not conect auria to it because it has only USB power.
Please can someone give me an ideea how can I record from Pa3x to Auria with the gear I have available.
I am new in this field and I read all positive feedback about Auria and I'd like to use it too.
Thank you

Washboy
Expert

Re: How to conect Auria to Korg Pa3x using camera conect ada

Post by Washboy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 am

From a brief read of the PA3X user guide, it looks like it only supports MIDI via USB - not audio. That means you will need a separate audio i/f anyway. I can't confirm that the Roland Quad Capture is iOS-compatible but I suspect you will need a powered USB hub to get it to work with the CCK. You don't say exactly what gear you have available but a powered USB hub is an inexpensive and useful investment.

Have you already tried connecting your Quad Capture to the CCK? What was the outcome?

Gianul

Post by Gianul » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:58 am

I have purchassed a USB powered hub but I stil can't make sense how to conect it to Ipad and to quad capture roland interface.

I tryed by conecting main USB plug of the hub, into the camera adaptor of the Ipad. I powerd the hub and conected the USB cable of Quadcapture interface into one of the four recepticle of the hub. Ipad gives the message that it can't accept this device.
Another way to connect it, I can't imagine.
Anyone has some ideeas, are there any pictures how this connection should take place?

Matt W
Expert

Post by Matt W » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:20 pm

To record your keyboard's audio into Auria you will need to use some kind of audio interface, the keyboard's USB port is only for transmitting MIDI back and forth.

It sounds like you connected them correctly, i.e. plug the powered hub into the CCK and the interface into the hub. f you tried the Roland QuadCapture with a powered hub and the iPad didn't see it, it means that the Roland isn't Class Compliant and won't work with the iPad - we haven't tested the Quad, but the Duo version has been reported to work.

If it won't work then you'll need to look into getting a different audio interface - our website has a bunch of ones that are known to work, scroll down towards the bottom to see the 2-channel interfaces that work. Some will need the CCK and a powered hub, some don't.
Matthew Werner
WaveMachine Labs, Inc.

ckirci

Post by ckirci » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:58 am

Hi Gianul
I have similar problem, could you manage to connect your Quad to Ipad via Camera Connection Kit and powered Hub?
Regards

kirci2008@gmail.com

Gianul

Post by Gianul » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:55 am

No I haven't succeeded to establish a conection to the quadcapture.
I am so upset for the fact that I have two audio cards zoom r8 and the quadcapture and can't use either for regording with auria. So much money invested in all this gear and I can't make use of it.
Wonder why there is no fix coming from roland or apple. Why is so hard for roland to fix this incompatibility.