New update issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: New update issue

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:30 am

If you don't mind, please send me the project that's having this problem, so I can see what the issue is exactly.

Thanks,
Rim

jadieckhaus

Post by jadieckhaus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:17 am

I'm having an issue with opening since updating to v1.10 on an iPad1. I've tried everything and now when I reinstall it crashes as soon as i get past the initial start screen with the auria logo. it's this update compatible with iPad 1?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:11 am

Auria has a bug in the latest version that makes it impossible to open on an iPad 1. I've fixed this, and the update should be available soon.

Rim

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:42 am

What's the email to send it to Rim? It's in the freeze track when it freezes on me. I got the track I wanted to freeze to do it and had a couple other plugins running on other tracks so I took all of them off and made it so they weren't even in the strip because just tuning them off wasn't working and that time worked but this morning I am on another track same isssue but this time it isn't working for me.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:35 am

If you've got a project where this happens every time, please send me the entire project using DropBox. My dropbox email is rim at drumagog dot com.

Rim

Br8zinn
Expert

Post by Br8zinn » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:49 pm

AURAI IS BACK AND BETTER THEN B4,AS ALWAYS YOU GUYS ROCK,QUICK RESPONSE,GREAT UPDATES,
EVERYTHING IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER....THANKS !!!!!!!!!!

jadieckhaus

Post by jadieckhaus » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:17 am

I followed steps here to remove auria and reload with 1'11 and then when I went to add back my plugins they all loaded back without another charge except retune. why is there a charge for this, it came hfree when I originally purchased the app.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:19 am

ReTune has been discontinued, but if you purchased Auria before 1.10, you can easily get ReTune back by restoring from an iTunes backup.

Rim

jadieckhaus

Post by jadieckhaus » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:29 am

Unfortunately hen I re-loaded Re-Tune it automatically charged me. Unlike the other plugins that simply loaded with a statement that I had previously purchased them. Auria has been extremely frustrating on the ipad1 to say the least given the bugs and fixes I seem to keep going through.

Out of curiosity, why has it been discontinued.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:02 am

It's not possible for an app to charge for something without you giving permission. That's because Apple handles the actual transaction. What happens is an app tells Apple that a user wants to buy a particular item. Next, Apple presents a message asking if you're sure you want to buy it. That's not a message from the app, but a message from Apple.

We received many complaints about the quality and usability of ReTune, so we decided to remove it. We're actively looking for other pitch correction plugins.

iPad 1 can be a very frustrating experience, I agree! Very few pro-level audio apps even support it. We felt like it was important to give iPad 1 users at least something to use, but it's certainly not a pleasant experience, I have to admit.

Rim

gillesda

Post by gillesda » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:03 am

Hello forum,

I'm Gilles, on of the developers of ReTune. We are aware of the problems some of the users are having with ReTune, but we also are very eager to improve our product. It would be of great help to us if you guys would send us the vocal-files ReTune is having difficulties with. That way we can analyze for ourselves what is going on and where ReTune is failing. Please send your content to gilles.dandelooy[at]mu-technologies.com

Do not forget that ReTune was designed to work with monophonic content only. Putting a guitar through ReTune will not give satisfactory results because of the polyphonic nature of the content. This is very important!

Also be aware that any pre-processing like reverb can trouble our algorithm. These steps should be done after ReTune has processed the signal, not before.

Gilles Dandelooy
Mu Technologies

hotlipslawson
Expert

Post by hotlipslawson » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:13 am

How do I access my purchased plugins, including ReTune and PianoVerb?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:30 am

As soon as you purchase your plugins, they should be available in the plugin list. If you don't see them, you may have to click Restore Purchases to get them back.

Rim