Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Strubbel

Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Post by Strubbel » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:25 pm

I bought me this new interface and currently it works without problems with auria (needs external power). But Auria shows 12 channels in the Output matrix. Input 1+2, 3+4 (front), 5+6 (Midi, SPDIF) are clear, but what are the others ? (the two Headphone outs ?)
Anyway, I dont really understand the routing options in MixControl. The symbols and naming of the routing options are somewhat cryptic for me.

Who can enlighten me ?
:idea:

siamon

Re: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6

Post by siamon » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:25 pm

I know the Ipad mini , akai eie and auria should work but have no idea why it's not working for me , I briefly saw the 4 in puts working once and was even able to get a signal once but then it stopped working and that's why I got a different ipad cck lightening connector . These are from eBay and are only a few quid .
Last edited by siamon on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

brooks501
Expert

Post by brooks501 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:26 am

Hi

Maybe this will help with you in/out question.

http://uk.focusrite.com/usb-audio-inter ... nd-outputs

Also here is a good video on how Mix Control works.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=focus ... ent=safari

I have the Focusrite 18i20 and don't use Mix Control at all except to update firmware, if I want a basic headphone mix I use the aux sends and subs in Auria to send to the outputs of the 18i20.

Hope this helps.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:36 am

The other two headphone outputs are the iPad's own internal headphone output. You can assign a separate mix to this jack.

Rim

Strubbel

Post by Strubbel » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:01 pm

So far I found out that this are the 12 DAW-Outputs which then can be mixed and routed to the physical outputs in the MixControl. I did some config and wrote the routings to the interface, so that I can use it standalone with my iPad 3.
But nevertheless, even after studying the manual and some videos I do not see routing options for Monitor Output 3+4 and Headphone 2.

Recording in Auria with 96k does not work on my IPad 3, I get a lot of stuttering/crackles. I changed the record settings to: Monitor off, Latency 4096 samples, DiskBuffer Large without effect.
Recording with 44.1k is no problem.

Could that be ? Is the IPad 3 to weak for 96k ?

jazzy1

Post by jazzy1 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:35 pm

got ipad 3 here with 18i8...96k playback through Auria is NOT working....i'm hoping this is correctable with a firmware update from Focusrite...please send your concerns/feedback to Focusrite...I'm doing the same!...

Chris M
Expert

Post by Chris M » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:52 am

Make sure that you have the latest firmware update--Focusrite has specific instructions for the 18i8 on their website:

Note for Scarlett 18i8 users
If you are an 18i8 user and are updating from an earlier version of Scarlett MixControl, please follow the steps below to ensure you fix the input routing issue. You will also need to delete any snapshots created with earlier versions of Scarlett MixControl.
- Install this update
- Restore Factory Defaults (from the ScMC menu)
- Save to Hardware (from the ScMC menu)

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

Katherine_Focusrite
Expert

Post by Katherine_Focusrite » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:41 pm

jazzy1 wrote:got ipad 3 here with 18i8...96k playback through Auria is NOT working....i'm hoping this is correctable with a firmware update from Focusrite...please send your concerns/feedback to Focusrite...I'm doing the same!...
Thanks Jazzy1,

I have been looking into this and find that the 18i8 is working properly with Auria at all Sample Rates.

You may be experiencing a different issue which can be resolved by the following steps:

-In Auria Settings set Latency to 4096

-Turn USB Soft Start Off

-If this does not work reset the Interface and iPad via holding Home Button and Power Button.

You can also check that the Scarlett 18i8 does work properly in Class Compliant Mode by removing the Focusrite USB 2 driver from any Mac Computer and trying to record with it at all Sample Rates in any Software.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Best regards.
Katherine Kaplan // Focusrite Technical Support

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/