Samson Meteor USB-Interface

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

spackofatz

Samson Meteor USB-Interface

Post by spackofatz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Hello folks,
I would like to record a few things with Auria after months of doing other things with other apps. But the Samson Meteor USB-Mic isn't working anymore in a good way with Auria. Some Auria-versions ago it did. What am I doing wrong?
I can see a meter and I can record but there is no software monitoring anymore. In beatmaker or multitrak or loopy or any other app it just works. I've tried every combination: first headphones them meteor, first meteor than headphone. The input matrix shows this:
http://postimg.org/image/ofd20jfw1/f007d7af/
Someone any hints for me?

Chris M
Expert

Re: Samson Meteor USB-Interface

Post by Chris M » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:27 pm

You may just need to turn on Record Monitoring on the Record tab in the Settings.

Also, a new feature called Auto Input Monitor will turn off monitoring on a record enabled track during playback, so if you don't what that to happen, you should turn it off.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs

spackofatz

Post by spackofatz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:59 am

Thank you for your hints, Chris. Unfortunately none of them helped with the Samson Meteor software monitoring issue. Strange enough: Cubasis, Meteor and Loopy can send a signal to the headphone-output of the iPad during the recording with a short but very o.k. latency. Multitrak can regulate the input of the recording unit on top. Only Auria can't give an ourput on the headphones via software monitoring with the Meteor. Do I have to root something or is it just not working with version 1.100?
What's interesting is that Multitrak is showing a stereo device for the Meteor: http://i44.tinypic.com/b936f.jpg
Maybe that's the problem that auria is routing the signal out to the Samson Meteor and not to the headphones?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:43 am

It's very possible this is because Auria uses the newest CoreAudio mode called MultiRoute. Very few iOS apps use this, and it's got several bugs that Apple still has to iron out. Auria 1.11 (due out soon) will allow you to use one of the other CoreAudio modes, which might fix this problem.

Rim