Crash when mixing down

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

THX1136
Expert

Crash when mixing down

Post by THX1136 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm not sure this is a bug - I'm thinking operator error - but wanted to share my experience since the update.

What I did: Chose to mix down a track. Renamed the file for mix down. Tapped "Done" on iPad keyboard. Auria crashed.

What I should have done: Chose mixdown. Rename file. Tap "Close keyboard". Auria doesn't crash.

Just wanted you folks to know in case you are having the same issue.
Belief does not create truth; unbelief does not destroy truth

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/allencarlson - Also at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Locusic and LastFM

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Crash when mixing down

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:29 pm

This has been posted in a separate thread. It is indeed a new bug in 1.10. I've fixed this already, and the fix will appear in 1.11 to be released next week. The workaround is to not name the mixdown.

Rim

THX1136
Expert

Post by THX1136 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:19 pm

It also works if, after you name the mix down you just close the keyboard instead of choosing "done". Thanks for the info Rim. Appreciate your efforts!
Belief does not create truth; unbelief does not destroy truth

http://www.nimbitmusic.com/allencarlson - Also at iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Locusic and LastFM

tonygerber

Post by tonygerber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:25 am

I am having continual problems mixing down a complete concert multitrack recording with automation. The tracks are about 62 minutes long. I cannot get it to successfully mix down without crashing out of Auria. Please help. I need a work around ASAP as I am trying to get a CD mixed and manufactured before our festival August 2nd... Thanks..

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:27 am

Are you trying to name the mixdown? If so, just leave the name as is - there's a bug in 1.10 that crashes if you try to name the mixdown.

Rim

tonygerber

Post by tonygerber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:58 am

I have tried just leaving the name "as is" when attempting mixdown. Still no luck. This started happening for me on the update before 1.1 which I downloaded today. I thought perhaps this newest update would fix the problem. I am heading to an electronic music festival and will be doing a seminar on Auria software and recording. This is a major snafu at the moment. I have wasted hours trying to get a mixdown? :(

Tg

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Do you have any of the export options set in the mixdown box? For example DropBox, e-mail or SoundCloud?

Rim

tonygerber

Post by tonygerber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 pm

No.. I am just mixing to a .wav file. It only gets about 25% finished, then boots out of the auria back to my ipad desktop icon view. The previous version would lock up in Auria and freeze when trying to mixdown. This new version totally boots out of Auria. I am selecting "mixdown" option and then only selecting the OK button. I am not typing or selecting any options. The default mixdown window choices are:

Filename: "what it defaults to when I select Mixdown"
Selection Range: Entire Song
File Type: WAV... ( I have tried .aif just for a different choice)
Bits: 16 (I tried 24 just for a different choice)
Channels: Stereo
Import as New Track: NO
Export: Off

I have read through the Forum before I contacted you and tried several of the options listed here.

This has also happened with other files I have over one hour with automation moves recorded as well.

The file is about 8.5 gigs... I have a 64 gig iPad... I have about 22 gigs open..

tony gerber

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:54 pm

OK, we'll get this sorted out. Could you please send me the entire project so I can try it here? The best way to do this is using DropBox and a computer. Use a free app like iFunBox or iExplorer to copy that project onto your computer, then zip the project folder and send it to me via DropBox. My dropbox email is rim at drumagog (dot com).

Once I'm able to reproduce the same issue, I should be able to solve it quickly.

Thanks,
Rim

tonygerber

Post by tonygerber » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:41 pm

Rim,

I have been uploading for the past couple hours... I will send you a dropbox folder invite as soon as it is uploaded. The file is 5.5 gig or so compressed...

tg

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Great, thanks.

Rim