Error saving folder from ITunes - "duplicate file name"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

pureambient

Error saving folder from ITunes - "duplicate file name"

Post by pureambient » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:30 am

Hello,

I am trying to do a routine backup of about 12 projects that I've created over the last 18 months.

I select all of them in iTunes, and then select SAVE TO, browse to a folder on my PC, and push SELECT FOLDER

It copies over the first six folders or so, then it reaches one of the two most recent projects - it starts to copy - and then it errors, something like "unable to save file due to duplicate file name".

This baffles me, but, I abort the mission, go back to the ipad, and look through the projects and verify the following:

There are absolutely no duplicate file name amongst the 12 or so projects - so no duplicate project names.
Within the project that refuses to save, I can't see anything even remotely resembling a duplicate file name.

Just to be safe, though, I renamed every track with a new, unique name, that I know does not exist in any other project.

So now - this project that won't save, that has no duplicate file names in it - has no duplicate file names in it.

Yet - it still will not save.

What possible action can I take, to make this go?

Note: originally, there were two projects that would not go. I renamed one of them - and then it saved. I renamed the other one, the second one that I am talking about here - and it STILL does NOT go.

Please advise - why would it say "duplicate file name" when, as far as I can see, there is absolutely NO duplicate file name.

HELP ! This is one of the best and most beautiful pieces I've created in Auria, and I REALLY, REALLY need to back it up!

Thank you for any suggestions - thanks!

Dave :-)

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Error saving folder from ITunes - "duplicate file name"

Post by Rim » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:46 am

iTunes is not really recommended for transferring projects back and forth. I recommend iFunBox. It's free, and does a much better job without this duplicate filename bug in iTunes.

Rim