The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Q Zini

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Q Zini » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:21 am

Hello, got Auria as soon as it came out only registered on the forum today tho out of laziness, being pushing it to everybody that's into to Recording, I left Pro tools for this as I'm staying away from computers as much as possible. Im doing my whole album on Auria and You probably heard this a thousand times but please bring out the midi soon! Thanks guys for all the hard work into making this product, it's a dream come true for me. :D just the missing ingredient is midi!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 am

Limited midi support is coming in the next version, which will be in review soon. This will feature midi sync and midi remote control. Full midi support, including recording is coming in a later version.

Rim

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Great news about track arming! Thank you Rim. Pretty maverick of you to slip it into 1.10. :)

pipo79
Expert

Post by pipo79 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Here is the comment I posted in the AppStore for the newest Update for Cubasis - it is in german but you can copy-paste it in googletranslator if you're interested... It shows up what AURIA does much better and is posted here to enforce the wonderful development of Auria (the details about midi can be taken as "WISHES" for Auria as well..)
- in my opinion Auria is going to be the best DAW on the market as soon as midi comes along... Regards

Here it comes now :

Tja Leute - statt Automation und bspw. der Möglichkeit einzelne Midinoten stummzuschalten (nicht daß es mehrfach auch von meiner Seite vorgebracht worden wäre...) rotzt uns der gute alte Onkel Charly lieber mit tonnenweise schlechter, unbrauchbarer standard GeneralMidi- Instrumenten (klingt wie CASIO) und einem Pseudo-Analog-Synthesizer à la EuroDance/Marusha-Afterhour den Speicher unserer Ipads voll ... wie lieb von Ihm daß man dann mit der neuen "Freeze-Funktion" wenigstens die Möglichkeit hat die Spuren mit besagten nutzlosen Audioinstrumenten "einzufrieren" damit man Rechenpower für die nach wie vor unerträglich billig klingenden Effekte hat.
(Auch hier wurde von vielen Seiten die Bereitschaft geäussert per IAP sinnvolle Effekte -wie bei AURIA zu erwerben sofern Onkel Charly denn mal mit ThirdParties zusammenarbeiten würde ...)

Toll auch,daß es ein Forum und Kundensupport gibt an den man sich richten kann um Gedanken einzubringen - mit dem Ergebnis daß alles ignoriert und ausschliesslich für die breite Masse effekthascherisch weiterentwickelt wird - nein das war nix ...ich nutze Cubasis nach wie vor ausschliesslich um externe Klangerzeuger wie iMini via VirtualMidi anzusteuern um dann in AURIA aufzunehmen - hier sei gesagt daß dieser Vorgang dank der wirklich ausgezeichneten Audiobus-, und MIDI-Anbindung absolut reibungslos funktioniert und es nichts vergleichbares auf iOS gibt ... Vom Kauf sei also nicht abgeraten aber ich erwarte bei einer iOS DAW einfach mehr gemeinsame Entwicklung MIT den Kunden - so wie es bei AURIA der Fall ist.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:46 am

Nice and schön :)

+ 1 for a simple pitch shift

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:26 am

@Rim

I know that MIDI is coming to Auria, apparently in stages, with the first bit coming in the very next update, which is fantastic news. I have no idea what is planned for the rest of Auria's MIDI implementation, but I have read some suggestions about triggering Drumagog with MIDI.

If that is something you are considering, then I implore you... I beg you — please take a look at an app called DrumStudio (no space between Drum & Studio — that is a different app). It includes techniques that real drummers use like flams, drags, chokes, rolls, and ghosts, which are almost unheard of in any other drum machine or app. DrumStudio's unique configuration makes it possible to create an unparalleled level of realism in drum parts, and those features together with Drumagog & Auria would be a force to be reckoned with.

Please think about it at least. Thank You.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi,

1. Option to only show automation parameters that are in use, instead of listing all of them. This would make finding an automation much easier. Other DAWs let u do this, so should be possible

2. Fix delay when looping & recording automation

3. Step edit automation - eg u can record automation without hitting play - so u can jump to a location (eg bar-17), press the W button on the effect, move control/s, jump to next location, move control/s again, etc

4. Copy & paste automation, u can already select multiple points with the double tap & drag gesture..

Many thanks, & all the best <3

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:30 am

gdog wrote:Hi,

1. Option to only show automation parameters that are in use, instead of listing all of them. This would make finding an automation much easier. Other DAWs let u do this, so should be possible

2. Fix delay when looping & recording automation

3. Step edit automation - eg u can record automation without hitting play - so u can jump to a location (eg bar-17), press the W button on the effect, move control/s, jump to next location, move control/s again, etc

4. Copy & paste automation, u can already select multiple points with the double tap & drag gesture..

Many thanks, & all the best <3
Great points. Especially point 3!

RobB
Expert

Post by RobB » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:51 pm

Post moved to another thread.
Last edited by RobB on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
iPad Air / 128 | iOS 7.1 | Apogee Duet | Auria 1.14 | Cubasis 1.7.2
Learning to play drums

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:37 am

Before the collection of related posts gets too far buried...

@rim was wondering what you thought of the large singlular mix/edit toggle button. Been using auria pretty regularly for months now and still manage to hit the wrong button 1 out of 3 times. My wish/suggestion for a double-wide upper right play/stop toggle button didn't get any additional support but I'd also be interested to know if that resonated at all.

Cheers!

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:52 am

syrupcore wrote:Before the collection of related posts gets too far buried...

@rim was wondering what you thought of the large singlular mix/edit toggle button. Been using auria pretty regularly for months now and still manage to hit the wrong button 1 out of 3 times. My wish/suggestion for a double-wide upper right play/stop toggle button didn't get any additional support but I'd also be interested to know if that resonated at all.

Cheers!
Great idea (logical and simple), BUT keep it the same size to free up more real estate.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:15 am

It's a possibility. I'll have to try it in a test version and see if I like it.

Rim

rayetheridge
Expert

CPU sharing/chaining Apple hardware

Post by rayetheridge » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Auria has proven that the iPad tablet line has the horsepower to have bragging rights at being a professional DAW. The slogan also hints its limitations (48 tracks) only because of "hardware" limitations and innovation.

Hardware limitations are caused by the CPU (A4, A5 and A6). It's not packing the punch like a quadcore Intel or AMD but its got the ability to have a work chain in which the host (Auria) can share the load with a series of other Apple hardware such as iPhone, iTouch, and other iPads that also have Auria installed. Kind of like AudioBus but with hardware chain instead of software chaining.

This technology was done by computer towers and widely used back in the day when they, alone, did not have efficient CPU and RAM power.

I guess my wish list would be that Auria implement this hardware chaining/share loading concept to help and be able to have more plugins in more tracks with out having the one individual hardware host (iPad and Auria) take all the load. Each track would be able sustain more effects than 4.

The iPad 5 will incorporate the new A7 CPU so maybe the chaining concept would not have to be applied to it.

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks for considering it @rim.

sm_ios

Post by sm_ios » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Is it possible to make an ''audio quantize'' option? Like Flex Time in Logic, or Beat Detective in Pro Tools? It will be an AWESOME tool!!