Auria + Phonic Firefly 808 Universal

For topics specifically about audio interfaces (USB, MFi, Camera Connection Kit)

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Zergei72

Auria + Phonic Firefly 808 Universal

Post by Zergei72 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Now ... , is it really so difficult to get these two working together .

first i spent about 400euros in Phonic's Firefly 808 just because it was said to be compatible with Auria ...
and then some 100euros in different USB-hubs and still haven't had any success with these two .

On the PC / Mac - side things work as they should ... I can record 8 tracks (enough for me tracking my drumkit)
at 96Khz, 32Bit ... both Reaper and Pro Tools, but on the IOS / Auria - side of things I'm achieving nothing but
headache and grey hair prematurely . I know there's gotta be a solution if this combo has been tested and it's been stated
to be working .

No success with Apple's OEM CCK nor with two other powered USB-hubs ... NADA !!!

someone HELP me OUT,
- zergei W -
Attachments
Apple CCK.jpg
Apple OEM Camera Connection Kit
Apple CCK.jpg (11.26 KiB) Viewed 14932 times
im_Firefly808Universal_side.jpg
Phonic Firefly 808 Universal
(83.44 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria + Phonic Firefly 808 Universal

Post by Rim » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:22 pm

We bought one and tried it early on - it worked fine for us, but it's possible they changed the firmware or hardware in the mean time. If someone has one, and is using it with Auria, please let us know which hub you're using it with and if it's working so we can update the entry.

Do you get a message from iOS when plugging it in, or is it simply not recognized?

Rim

Zergei72

Post by Zergei72 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:45 am

Rim ...

could you please tell me the manufacturer and exact model of the powered usb - hub,
that you tested this interfaced with ?

- zergei W -

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:39 pm

The one we use here is a Dynex DX-4P2H.

Rim

Larsa

Post by Larsa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi, this is a really old thread but I will post in it anyhow.
Regarding the Phonic Firefly 808U so is it no longer working with neither iOS nor Mac OSX on USB anymore.
Apple made some changes in the core audio in both iOS and OSX at the time for release of Mountain Lion. The Phonic 808U where not compatible with these changes.

I were in contact with Phonic support about this and they were looking on a firmware update for the 808U but later on they decided, as far as I have understood, that they couldn't do it.

Therefore Phonic 808U only works with Apple over FireWire and since there is no such port on the iPad it doesn't work on this one anymore. Perhaps you should remove it from your list of supported interfaces.

If you go to Phonic Facebook page and search for Firefly 808 then you'll find a post about this.
I couldn't find a way to copy a permalink to that post.
Phonic on Facebook you'll find here https://www.facebook.com/phonic.audio/

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Thanks for the updated info. I'll make sure to confirm this and then remove the device from our interface list.

-Corey