Cleanup unused audio clips option?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Cleanup unused audio clips option?

Post by GreyMediumMild » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey guys, so I remember somebody bringing this up a few months back, but I cant seem to find any info on it. So I'm slowly running out of usable space on my 32GB ipad and was wondering if there's a way to delete all audio clips not being directly used in the project. At the moment every recorded file and even the ones i've deleted off the project are still contained within the project package. Is there a way to elegantly clean all this up, or do I have to manually go into the folder and delete all the non-sense? seems like there is/should be a button somewhere to address this issue?

ChrisG
Expert

Re: Cleanup unused audio clips option?

Post by ChrisG » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Manually, the clean up audio files setting under settings does not usually work (dependent on the snapshot). I usually open or create a new project, choose "import audio" and go inside the project folder I wanna delete wave files from and swipe em away. This can cause problems if you want to upload the project to Dropbox if the project data files/Auria still thinks that particular audio file(s) you deleted is still being used by the project, you'll simply get an error msg when Auria tries to upload that missing file and you have to cancel the upload.

As far as I know there's no "clean" way to do it with Aurias redundancy backup systems thingamajigs

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Delete all of your snapshots, then load a blank empty project. Then reload the previous project, all the of the unused audio will be removed.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 pm

These are good techniques. I suggest backing up any projects in which you delete snapshots, just to be safe.

Rim

GreyMediumMild
Expert

Post by GreyMediumMild » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:12 pm

awesome! thanks guys. I think the simplest to date, has been enabling 'project cleanup' in settings and doing what tarekith suggested. Top notch!

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:07 am

I still wish there was a ncie easy way to do this with one step like any other DAW. I'm a big boy, I don't need safety snapshots, I can take responsibility for my actions :)

leem
Expert

Post by leem » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:43 am

there really should be a better way of managing the regions. we have no visibility in the app to view what regions are being used and not. File management is becoming really cumbersome to us in Auria. We do lots of takes, and lots of collaboration, and having large project files with unused audio make the upload/download to the cloud even slower, which is already painfully slow

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:12 am

leem wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:43 am
there really should be a better way of managing the regions. we have no visibility in the app to view what regions are being used and not. File management is becoming really cumbersome to us in Auria. We do lots of takes, and lots of collaboration, and having large project files with unused audio make the upload/download to the cloud even slower, which is already painfully slow
Well you've just resurrected an old thread....

In current versions of Auria (not from 2013) you can go to Settings --> Clean Up Project to delete any unused audio.