1 second of noise wiped out every track.

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 1 second of noise wiped out every track.

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:14 am

OK, that blue is called a locator range. It's what you set when you want to loop a section of your music, or when you want to mix down only a section. If it happens again, please send me the project, so I can see what's going on.

Thanks,
Rim

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:13 pm

It happened again. Two string tracks wiped out by less than 1 second of white noise.

I was splitting, editing w/gain. And it won't undo.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Please show me how to make this happen. As soon as I can duplicate this here, I should be able to fix it within minutes. Either send me a step by step guide, or send me a quick video showing how to do it. I appreciate the help!

Thanks,
Rim

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Can I attach a photo here? Or email it?

This is what I know.

1. It sounds like terrible line noise.
2. It is not subject to 'undo'

I think it is connected to the white area with handles on top. Both times this happened, I had accidentally activated that.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:17 pm

What I really need to fix this is a step by step guide on how to make this happen, starting from a known state. For example, taking The Approach demo song, and doing a series of steps that make this problem happen every single time. Or, make a video showing me exactly how you can get this to happen. Unfortunately, pictures of what happens afterwords don't help much. I really need to be able to make this happen here for myself. That way, I can fix it.

Thanks,
Rim

louparte
Expert

Post by louparte » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:23 pm

There is an editing function where you simply drag your finger across a part of the screen.
A white area appears w/handles at the top of the screen.

Both times - that is what started the problem. I ignored it because I don't know how to get rid of it. It is
basically a nuisance for me. I accidentally bring it up by touching the screen.

Anyway, I continued editing. Later I noticed that white area was destroyed by noise. It is only the area within those two handles. This is the second time that has happened. Both times are somehow connected to that white area w/handles.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:57 am

The white are that appears is a highlight. This is used for highlighting a section of audio and then selecting an edit function, like copy, paste, etc. But the white section doesn't have handles.

Are you sure you're not talking about a blue section (this is a locator range) This does have handles.

By the way, to get either one to appear, you double-tap and drag. So if you want to avoid making these appear, don't double-tap (or if you're accidentally making these appear, make sure your finger touches the screen firmly, so the iPad doesn't think you're double tapping).

It's still not clear to me how you're making one second of noise appear just by drawing a highlight or locators. I'll need very detailed step by step instructions if I am to try to duplicate this here.

Thanks,
Rim