Ram issues

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Ram issues

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Yes, sorry about the typo. Thanks for catching that!

Tareklth: getting memory warnings when using Audiobus is very common. The only way to avoid them altogether is to not use Audiobus and other apps while using Auria. Remember, closing ALL apps is the only way to guarantee Auria has access to all the RAM. This means Audiobus, and all the other music apps that you're using with Audiobus. Obviously, you'll want to use Audiobus together with Auria at times, but I recommend doing this in smaller projects if you want to avoid any memory issues.

Rim

Tarekith
Expert

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Fair enough! 8)

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:55 pm

I run on an ipad 2 16gb and always have at least 5gb on it and never really have problems. I can also run up 6 plug ins at once even the heavier ones like Saturn and Timeless. Each song is 1-2gb staring out too. Granted I don't record on Auria at the moment only import to it with anywhere between 20-30 tracks. It crashes once in a mostly when freezing a track. If you just freeze a track after tweaking it then moving on to the next one helps even if you have 40% CPU left. You're going to have to freeze it anyway eventually.