RIM!!! PLEASE READ THIS.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

RIM!!! PLEASE READ THIS.

Post by QbAnYtO » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:08 pm

sorry to SCREAM at you and getting all CAPS LOCK ON YO ASS ::gangsta moment::
:D

so i was thinking since MIDI support is coming if i can make a request. soooo i was wondering....

can you add FULL support for akai synth station 49 keyboard? i have it and it docks my iPad very nicely and works well with all core midi apps. I'm assuming you're going to use core midi? the thing about this keyboard is, it has a pitch wheel and modulator but it also has PADS (drums) and several buttons (play, stop, pause, forward, reverse, sequences,, etc etc) obviously all theses buttons work perfectly on the SynthStation app but they DON'T with other apps. atleast not to my knowledge. i CAN say that with nano studio none of these function buttons work. the synth station 25 keyboard has these function buttons as well and they DO work with nano studio, but for some reason the synth station 49 keyboard doesn't. its weird.

anyways Akai has the link for their SDK for this keyboard posted on the bottom of this page:

http://www.akaipro.com/synthstation49

however when i click the link, it doesn't load. maybe my safari is acting up. either way I'm sure you can email them.

here's the DIRECT link tot he SDK:

http://www.akaipro.com/synthstation/sdk.php

thanks rim!

here's a pic to convince you of my request:
Attachments
arnold-schwarzenegger-screaming-kindergarten-cop_480_poster.jpg
arnold-schwarzenegger-screaming-kindergarten-cop_480_poster.jpg (20.38 KiB) Viewed 5378 times

Rim
Site Admin

Re: RIM!!! PLEASE READ THIS.

Post by Rim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:24 pm

;) 1.10 will only support two popular remote control protocols: Mackie HUI and Mackie MCU. i won't be adding any more remote protocols until the full midi version is done. There are just too many different keyboards and control surfaces to support - I'd never get to finish the rest of the midi implementation if I kept adding more ;) I implemented the two most popular ones.

Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:10 pm

Rim wrote:;) 1.10 will only support two popular remote control protocols: Mackie HUI and Mackie MCU. i won't be adding any more remote protocols until the full midi version is done. There are just too many different keyboards and control surfaces to support - I'd never get to finish the rest of the midi implementation if I kept adding more ;) I implemented the two most popular ones.

Rim

ok. i understand. your midi implementation, it will be core midi no? not a proprietary format?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 pm

Yes, Auria will use core MIDI.

Rim

omusica

Post by omusica » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi,
absolutly great idea to integrate the mackie controls, I would love it!
But on the other hand the synthstation49 would be awesome too. I think it would be the only audio interface for playing musik and simultaneous recording audio with the ipad and auria.
So, everyone would be able to use a keyboard to play and record at the same time with his ipad and auria - nothing would be needed more, no cable, no audio interface, only auria, ipad and the synthstation.
What do you think, Rim? Wouldn't be worth to do?
best regards, Otto

kwalker0210
Expert

Post by kwalker0210 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:54 pm

As an aside, Retronym's Tabletop is the only IOS app (that I am aware of) that includes Midi Learn. In theory, you could use Tabletop as a wrapper of sorts, which would allow you to map all of the Synthstation 49 functions.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:31 pm

I may implement more controller support into Auria at a later time, but for now Mackie support is the limit.

Rim