The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mr chung

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by mr chung » Tue May 07, 2013 2:47 am

Hey man!

I'm about to use auria live and am using 10 backing tracks.
Really would love more markers.

On the recording side for verses, bridge, chorus, middle eight, etc!

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Wed May 08, 2013 11:47 am

ZenLizard wrote:I would like to see Auria take advantage of long taps and double taps in the edit window to get to contextual commands more readily than the dropdown menus at the top. Seems like it would be a real time and work saver. Double tap and drag is used for something in the regions already, but maybe, with a region selected, one could use the gestures in the track header or empty area of the track to get to common commands. I am brand new to Auria, and still learning it, so I realize I may be talking nonsense. hopefully I'm making sense, though.

If someone has already suggested this, just add my vote. I don't have a clue what terms I'd need to use in the search field in order to find that out. I'm sorry.
+100, especially double tap in a selected region to zoom in and out audio to edit.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed May 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Double-tap is reserved for highlighting, so it's not possible to use double-tap for anything else.

Rim

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Wed May 08, 2013 8:57 pm

What about single tap in the selected window to zoom in and out
of audio to edit

djjuniorpops
Expert

Post by djjuniorpops » Wed May 08, 2013 8:58 pm

What about single tap in the selected window to zoom in and out
of audio to edit

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Thu May 09, 2013 2:17 am

Two finger double tap maybe? Zooming on a region is really common for me and I'd love to see a quicker way to do it too.

I'd be up for a 'hold for context menu' for sure. That could include an item like 'zoom region'.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu May 09, 2013 6:12 am

Hold is taken - moving region
Double-tap is taken - highlighting
Single-tap is taken - selecting a region

When you start getting into the double-tap with two fingers, triple tap, etc, it gets overly complicated, and hard for users to remember. Also, sometimes when you double-tap to highlight, a second finger can appear accidentally, so this must be reserved for robustness.

It's very easy to zoom a track to full size by pinch-zooming. I can do it in a half second. Auria snaps at the full screen point when you zoom.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Thu May 09, 2013 10:51 am

I regret opening this can of worms... While it seemed it would be nice to have a quick context menu for common tasks, I did not yet get the difference between 'highlighting' and 'selecting' when I wrote that first post, so to me it seemed as if tapping and double tapping were redundant ways to select a region. Now that I've had more time to work with Auria and focus in on specific areas of the manual, I realize that I can get to what I need in the same amount of time and with the same amount of effort it would take to access through the afore-mentioned context menu. I have also learned that I was being too timid with zooming gestures (an "aggressive" spread or pinch gets right to the point, whereas before I was having to make multiple pinches and spreads to get to the view I needed).

@Rim - I'm sorry for "leaping before I looked". When I think back to the days of working with giant rolls of tape on a machine that had to be warmed up for 15 minutes before laying down a single track (a machine which incidentally cost more than I made in a year), I have to laugh at how spoiled I have become – when the difference of quarter-seconds seems like something that needs to be fixed.
Last edited by ZenLizard on Thu May 09, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu May 09, 2013 10:56 am

No problem at all! Working through these things is how I get ideas, so I appreciate it.

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Thu May 09, 2013 11:02 am

This is my new wish... Periodic discount sales on in-app purchases. That would be sweet!

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks for the feedback. two finger hold? ;)

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri May 10, 2013 11:28 am

Rim wrote: It's very easy to zoom a track to full size by pinch-zooming. I can do it in a half second. Auria snaps at the full screen point when you zoom.
along with
ZenLizard wrote:I have also learned that I was being too timid with zooming gestures (an "aggressive" spread or pinch gets right to the point, whereas before I was having to make multiple pinches and spreads to get to the view I needed).
Are great to know - thank you both.. Wish I had my iPad right now so I could try it.

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Thu May 16, 2013 1:52 pm

At some future point, I'd love to see a function that prepared a text summary of a mix, so, for example, you might see the following:

Track #, Audio file name, Subgroup, Insert Slot 1 device (if enabled), Insert Slot 2 device (if enabled), Insert Slot 3 device (if enabled), Insert Slot 4 device (if enabled)...

It would also be nice to have a summary showing the plug-ins used and the number of instances within a project.

Cheers,

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 am

Here's a wish. Just add my vote if it has been suggested already.

Per clip mute/un-mute for rapid comping and solo segment selection.

Glennonator

Post by Glennonator » Sun May 19, 2013 8:53 am

Loving this app. It has been an amazing source of inspiration to me. I have one little wish and it is a small one. I would love it if the two buttons that switched between the mixer and the edit window where combined into a single toggle button. I always hit the wrong button when I try and switch screens. I know it isn't difficult to hit the right button if you are thinking about it but I'm usually thinking about an edit I want to make not which screen I'm in. I just know I want the other screen. It would also save on valuable screen real estate.
Thanks again for an awesome app!