Article on Workflows Using NanoStudio and Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sch
Expert

Article on Workflows Using NanoStudio and Auria

Post by sch » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm

I just published an article on my website Makin' Music In 2013, that talks about iPad music making and in particular, discusses apps such as NanoStudio, Auria and AudioShare. I talk about using these apps with regard to managing presets and samples, preparation tips and techniques, best practices and workflow examples.

I hope that it has some benefit to readers. I welcome feedback on this article.

Cheers,

QbAnYtO
Expert

Re: Article on Workflows Using NanoStudio and Auria

Post by QbAnYtO » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:10 pm

thanks. nano studio is may main producing app while auria is my mixing app. i'll have a read at this...

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Great write up!

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Fri May 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Cheers, mate!

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 am

Good article, thanks

Dominic

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun May 12, 2013 11:41 am

Nice work and informative

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Sun May 12, 2013 12:04 pm

dominicperry wrote:Good article, thanks
Dominic
Anthony Alves wrote:Nice work and informative
Thanks Gents,

I'm sure that there's nothing too earth-shakingly new, but there seems to be a real need for workflow examples that are presented in a graphical fashion and thereby reduce the number of questions one gets after the fact. :wink:

I just saw that Matt (Blip Interactive) has submitted Apple an updated NanoStudio 1.41 that adds AudioBus! That should help breath some life back into NS and improve the partnership of using NS with Auria (until Auria has full MIDI happenin').

:idea: BTW I keep meaning to mention that I found a very, very good and up-to-date reference text for mixing called Mixing Secrets by Mike Senior. It is available at Amazon in both print and Kindle version (perfect for the iPad), and I highly recommend it.

Ciao,

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Mike senior's book is incredible, highly recommended. It may be time for a re-read for me. I reference it a lot though. I'm going to read your article now. Edit: I had read your article the other day, now I re-read it and I'm glad I did. I'm going to save that one. Thanks for writing it.

kwalker0210
Expert

Post by kwalker0210 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:54 am

Great article! One question: where does Reason fit into your setup/workflow?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon May 13, 2013 7:20 am

Thanks for writing this, it's a great article!

Rim

PatSieb

Post by PatSieb » Mon May 13, 2013 8:39 am

Thanks for this nice article! Will help me a lot as i use nano, auria and Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX as well.

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Mon May 13, 2013 10:24 am

kwalker0210 wrote:Great article! One question: where does Reason fit into your setup/workflow?
Actually, for the most part, right now, Reason isn't part of my workflow. I use the iPad pretty much exclusively for music now. Reason was my DAW of choice (I also had Logic) for the last few years on the Mac. I had a piece that I had started on Reason but when I finally purchased Auria back in December, I decided that the Reason-tracked stems would be my first Auria project. From that point on, I haven't gone back to Reason. I'm currently in the process of re-mixing all of my NanoStudio projects within Auria to take advantage of the amazing sonic potential of the app. As an old musical dog, I am still in awe of what I can accomplish on the iPad.

I also use the iPad extensively for photography processing and display, and have published articles on using iPad/iPhone for photography, such as iPhone Workflow Examples.

The iPad is also instrumental to me for writing (I use Scrivener on the Mac to interface with the Notebooks app for the novel and other projects I'm currently working on).

Toys, toys, toys! Such a fun time to be alive!

Cheers,

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 am

Rim wrote:Thanks for writing this, it's a great article!

Rim
Rim,

Thanks for your kind words. It is your creation that is responsible... Auria has given iPad users unparalleled audio capability with a set of extensible tools that are top quality. Not simply that, but also (especially for those of us who have used large consoles with outboard gear), it gives an experience that is just pure fun. I still cannot believe that I can tote around a complete music creation/processing/mastering setup, all beneath my arm.

We are all looking forward with great anticipation to see where Auria will take us. :D

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Mon May 13, 2013 10:36 am

Rim wrote:Thanks for writing this, it's a great article!

Rim
Rim,

Thanks for your kind words. It is your creation that is responsible... Auria has given iPad users unparalleled audio capability with a set of extensible tools that are top quality. Not simply that, but also (especially for those of us who have used large consoles with outboard gear), it gives an experience that is just pure fun. I still cannot believe that I can tote around a complete music creation/processing/mastering setup, all beneath my arm.

We are all looking forward with great anticipation to see where Auria will take us. :D

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 am

Hmmm... double posted somehow and can't see how to delete a post... sorry!