Plugin Counts?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

syrupcore
Expert

Plugin Counts?

Post by syrupcore » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a chart out there that shows me how many instances of a given Auria plugin I could expect to run on my iPad 3. Something like the ipad1/2/3 chart for resolution and track count but for plugins.

Short of that, can anyone give me any anecdotal info on how many of the PSP delays and/or Fab plugins they've been able to run? Or point me to an existing discussion.

Thanks!

sch
Expert

Re: Plugin Counts?

Post by sch » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:37 am

Syrupcore,

So far (not counting exactly), but I have run at least a couple of dozen effects on roughly 20-24 tracks on an iPad 1. Now, the way you do this is with the Freeze Track function. Once you've got a track's efx chain the way you want it, freeze the track and Auria renders it down to an audio file until you unfreeze the track again.

I'm running an iPad 4 128GB now, and on the same projects, I can certainly run more 'live' (unfrozen) tracks with multiple efx. You can have quite a few things running, (I typically end up with a Pro-Q on nearly every track) but really, as you pile the efx on, you'll get to the point where you need to start to freeze tracks.

Additionally, the type of effect you have running makes a huge difference as to how much CPU it requires. The Convolution reverb, Timeless2, Volcano2 and some other are way CPU hungry.

Cheers,

syrupcore
Expert

Re: Plugin Counts?

Post by syrupcore » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks Simon.

If anyone wants to send me 3 more ipads and free download codes for all of the plugins, I'll make the chart. ;)