FR - update current snapshot

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

FR - update current snapshot

Post by mtingle » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:27 am

After using the snapshot system for some time now I can see there is a feature that I'd find very handy.

quite ofter I don't want to make a new snapshot but really would just prefer to update the last snapshot saved to the current state of the project. This stops creating a plethora of different snapshot settings.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: FR - update current snapshot

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:27 am

Have you tried to save a snapshot, and name it with the same name as a previous one? This might work (I haven't looked into it to see if it does yet).

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 am

yes,that works.Although it could be a little easier imo.

But more important at least for me:would be great to show the name of the current snapshot while working in the edit window instead of just the song name.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:45 am

Rim wrote:Have you tried to save a snapshot, and name it with the same name as a previous one? This might work (I haven't looked into it to see if it does yet).

Rim
it seems it does but with the caveat that you have to remember the exact spelling and case of the snapshot name.

There is a space just below the project name in the edit window that could fit the current snapshot name in. If you implemented this perhaps tapping the snapshot name could be a shortcut to overwrite the current state of the mix to that snapshot. it would be a bit like an old fashioned 'save' function from windows OS. people are familiar with that paradigm.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:12 pm

good idea.But aruia should better ask to overwrite i guess.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:32 pm

Snapshots in Auria don't work that way - when you load a snapshot, it first deletes your current project, then renames the snapshot file to your project file, and reloads the project. In other words, the snapshot becomes the project, so it's not a snapshot anymore.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:55 am

still, it would be very useful to have an 'update last snapshot' function. The 'last' snapshot being the one last loaded or saved.