The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by QbAnYtO » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:01 pm

Midi support (along with FabFilter twin2)

I know I've mentioned it before but I never put it here :p

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:16 pm

With the features now in 1.7 and 1.8, pretty much everything I wished for is here in Auria.. Except virtual midi sequencing :)

...Everything else is just icing ;-)

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:59 pm

Group All Tracks: When enabled, groups all faders together to allow instant global fader adjustment, i.e. to globally pull down the overall mix for better gain staging and dynamic range.

Group All Subs: same as above, but acts only on the sub group faders.

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:23 pm

1. A way to easily rearrange the order of channel strip inserts. I often want to juggle the order to find the best combination of multiple effects. Drag-and-Drop would, of course, be best. Right now, you need to save the current settings as a preset for each effect in the chain, then delete/add to change the order and then finally load the presets back in. Tedious, to say the least. Hardly A / B capable.

2. A Direct Out on the channel strip that allowed you to route the track either pre or post of the EQ/effects chain to another channel strip for further processing. This would allow you to exceed the 4-slot limit per channel. Also great for easy track doubling.

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:42 am

AirPlay support ?

If Auria supported AirPlay then we could mix on our big speakers in almost real time via Apple TV ( without any extra AD interface hardware being required). This is a very simple solution to a huge problem.

Auria is truly amazing, thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:14 pm

We tried airplay, and it's not reliable enough when an app as demanding as Auria is used. Too many dropouts.

Rim

Stewartludwig
Expert

Post by Stewartludwig » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi rim,

Make sense a program of this caliber might be beyond AirPlay abilities. However just as an alternative then , maybe just a way to play a simple stereo mix down wav via airplay could work instead of all tracks at once. Obviously it is best to mix while you listen but a lot can actually be done via listening to levels in the generic ipad speaker out and then put it out via AirPlay to critique on speakers. I searched today for any IOS audio program that could play out a wav file via airplay from the ipad ( without going to a pc first so must be audio copy/ paste compatible) but could not find any app at all that can do this. Personally i would rather mix on a mono aurotone mini speaker like the ipad has than any set of headphones any day of the week, but I'm old school from the 2 inch fat tape days so go figure.

Regardless, I'm very happy with my purchase of Auria and Igog!

Rampan

Post by Rampan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:53 pm

CAF Apple loops support please, since all apple loops packages are in that format.
Thanks

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:43 am

Already on the list ;) A bit more complicated because they're compressed, but I'll tackle that in an upcoming update.

Rim

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 am

I wish plugins preset management will be a bit more robust:
1. When saving on existing selected preset the default name will be the existing name instead of "new preset 1".
Then an alert "do you wish to overwrite ..." With buttons yes+no.

2. It would be nice to have a category to assign each preset, so we'll be able to catalog a preset by a song, music style etc.... The single list is getting longer as each project has some dedicated settings.
E.g. ProQ-->new song-->drums

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:30 am

Good suggestions, thanks!

Rim

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:12 pm

I would like to see Auria take advantage of long taps and double taps in the edit window to get to contextual commands more readily than the dropdown menus at the top. Seems like it would be a real time and work saver. Double tap and drag is used for something in the regions already, but maybe, with a region selected, one could use the gestures in the track header or empty area of the track to get to common commands. I am brand new to Auria, and still learning it, so I realize I may be talking nonsense. hopefully I'm making sense, though.

If someone has already suggested this, just add my vote. I don't have a clue what terms I'd need to use in the search field in order to find that out. I'm sorry.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

boone51
Expert

Post by boone51 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:14 pm

I understand that full midi implementation is on the way. I'm a little scared of what all is going to come with that, but I digress. Any chance of just getting a basic midi clock sync in a minor update?

syrupcore
Expert

Post by syrupcore » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:27 pm

I'd really love it if the two buttons on the top left (mixer and arrange buttons) were instead one big button that simply toggled your view state. Instead of thinking or aiming, it'd be like hitting alt+tab.

On that same note, I'd also love it if the Play button was twice as wide and in the top right. Again, no thinking or aiming, just go to the corner and tap.

I hit those three buttons exponentially more than I hit anything else in the UI. Making it easy would rule the school.

Thanks for Auria! Amazing piece of work.

Will

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon May 06, 2013 3:39 pm

The rest of the FXpansion DCAM Dynamic series, channel comp/buss comp/cross comp
PsP stereo Enhancer, PsP Stereo Analyzer
Thanks and I already sent a request to the companies for these to be added. More people should email them if you would like these to be added. As a mix/mastering engineer I could really use them. cheers.