Auria 1.09 submitted to Apple

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sch
Expert

Re: Auria 1.09 submitted to Apple

Post by sch » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:27 am

Rim wrote:That's not right, there shouldn't be any Audiobus related crashes in 1.08. Have you followed the list I posted for making sure Auria is always closed when you launch Audiobus? If that doesn't help, then 1.09 won't help what you're experiencing. Not much has changed from 1.07 to 1.08 in terms of Audiobus, so if you're experiencing crashing, let's talk about what's happening, so we can figure out what's going on.

Rim
Rim,

I'm not sure myself what's up with it, but I could not run Auria without it crashing. I'm on an iPad 4 with 128GB (25.44 GB free), running 6.1.2 (didn't bother to upgrade to 6.1.3). I close all apps, fully reset the iPad, and then simply run Auria (NO Audiobus... I rarely use it). So, just to be clear, no Audiobus usage whatsoever, and yet I was getting multiple Audiobus warning messages.

This morning, I haven't seen the error messages (at least so far) but something else is going on:

One curious thing I noticed I don't think I've seen before: I closed the open apps (4 of them), confirmed they're no longer running, and then when I did the (silver apple) reset, I see the 4 apps are still in the multitasking bar??? I don't think I've ever seen that happen before, but it does consistently right now. I tried it closing all but Auria and then closing it and doing a reset, and voila, Auria has reappeared in the multitasking bar. Seems like there's something more fundamental going on. (I checked this on my wife's iPad 1, and the behaviour is as I remember, close apps and they stay closed when you reset.)

Any suggestions?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:35 am

OK, I understand. I thought you were using Audiobus. If you're getting the "Audiobus: We've detecting a problem..." message when trying to launch multiple audio apps, this is not an Auria or Audiobus issue, but a bug in iOS 6.x. I've let Apple know about it, but they haven't fixed this issue yet. Auria uses the new multiroute audio category, and other apps don't always play nice with this category. Hopefully Apple will fix this soon.

As far as apps popping up in the multitasking bar after you reboot, here's what I know: If any apps are running in the multitask bar, then you reboot the iPad, these apps will reappear in the multitask bar after the reboot. In other words, rebooting doesn't free up memory, or close your background apps. But if you close all the apps (so nothing is in the multitask bar), then reboot, there shouldn't be anything there after the reboot.

Rim

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:44 am

Rim wrote:As far as apps popping up in the multitasking bar after you reboot, here's what I know: If any apps are running in the multitask bar, then you reboot the iPad, these apps will reappear in the multitask bar after the reboot. In other words, rebooting doesn't free up memory, or close your background apps. But if you close all the apps (so nothing is in the multitask bar), then reboot, there shouldn't be anything there after the reboot.

Rim
OK, this is as I remember it to be, and as it is on my wife's iPad right now... if I close the open apps and then do a reboot, they remain gone. But, on my iPad, for whatever reason, I can close apps before a reboot , but they appear back in the task bar when the reboot is complete. I'm not jailbroken. Bizarre!

Has anyone else had this behaviour? The only other idea that occurs to me is to do a full restore and see if that works. Trouble is, with over 100GB of content, I don't look forward to the time this will take.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Rim wrote:FYI, I've fixed the FabFilter issue and submitted version 1.09 today. We've asked for an expedited review, so hopefully we'll get approved within a day or two (fingers crossed).

Rim
Shot an email to Zuckerberg and ask how they seemingly can bypass the whole review process and release 3 updates in 4 days. Seriously tho, I do get a bit twitchy in the eye seeing how some get special treatment by Apple, while others have to wait. :roll:

Edit: No I am not bitter :lol:

SSquared

Post by SSquared » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 pm

sch wrote:But, on my iPad, for whatever reason, I can close apps before a reboot , but they appear back in the task bar when the reboot is complete. I'm not jailbroken. Bizarre!

Has anyone else had this behaviour?
I have the same thing happen. I close all my apps and on reboot they seem to be back in memory. Odd.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 pm

I too have experienced this since apples latest update. I actually noticed this for the first time with Auria. Auria had frozen up on me when I was using the ProDS and it forced me to reboot my ipad so I did. I then noticed that Auria was still in memory so I held it and removed it using the red minus sign and Auria left the bottom but when I rebooted the iPad again Auria was still on the bottom so I did it again and still Auria was there. It took several times to get rid of it but I have not experienced this again. Just wanted to say that I too had this happen. cheers.

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:I too have experienced this since apples latest update. I actually noticed this for the first time with Auria. Auria had frozen up on me when I was using the ProDS and it forced me to reboot my ipad so I did. I then noticed that Auria was still in memory so I held it and removed it using the red minus sign and Auria left the bottom but when I rebooted the iPad again Auria was still on the bottom so I did it again and still Auria was there. It took several times to get rid of it but I have not experienced this again. Just wanted to say that I too had this happen. cheers.
Thanks, Anthony, for the corroboration. When it first happened, I honestly tried to think whether this was normal or not! I guess I'll just try repeatedly closing it and rebooting and see if it finally clears. I've had a few interesting screwups with iOS over the years, but consecutive reboots will usually fix most anything. I'm in the habit of regularly closing apps, and generally keep nothing open when I'm running Auria (hold over from running it on an iPad 1 for so long).

Ciao,

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:34 am

Never heard of that before. Did you guys try a hard reset/reboot by holding down the power and home button until the apple logo shows up?

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:56 am

ChrisG wrote:Never heard of that before. Did you guys try a hard reset/reboot by holding down the power and home button until the apple logo shows up?
Chris,

Yes, believe me I'm an old hand at figuring out how to hard reset a device! I'm talking about exactly that process.

I just tried it again just now, I had Kindle and Buzz Player in the launch bar. I double-clicked the Home button, and then closed both apps so nothing open showed on the iPad. Next, a hard reset, then when I double-click the reset iPad's Home button, lo and behold, Kindle and Buzz Player are back in the launch bar! Doesn't matter what app(s) it is, it just stays in the launch bar after being closed and a hard reset.

Go figure!

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 am

I've noticed this too. It does seem to clear of its own accord.

After closing all the apps I also click and hold the power button till the power slider appears, then I press and hold the home button till the home screen appears, this flushes the RAM. I often start a new session like this.

sch
Expert

Post by sch » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 am

mtingle wrote:After closing all the apps I also click and hold the power button till the power slider appears, then I press and hold the home button till the home screen appears, this flushes the RAM. I often start a new session like this.
Wow! Hey, that worked... the damn malingerers are gone! I was not aware of that particular button sequence and that it flushed RAM. You're right, it is an excellent first step when starting to use Auria.

Thanks!

Sinapsya
Expert

Post by Sinapsya » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:42 am

All work good here....and I like very much the speed of your update....and I really like the new FXpansion EnvShaper, I have a question....you know if they have in plan to add the new Bloom plugin, because I don't buy other delay before :-)

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 pm

What about FXpansion synth & drum plugins:
DCAM: Synth Squad - http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=62&tab=181
Geist: next-generation sampling instrument - http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=62&tab=181

I think that nobody will cry if we'll see such plugins in Auria :D
I'm crossing my fingers that IPAD5 will be stronger.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Shay wrote:What about FXpansion synth & drum plugins:
DCAM: Synth Squad - http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=62&tab=181
Geist: next-generation sampling instrument - http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=62&tab=181

I think that nobody will cry if we'll see such plugins in Auria :D
I'm crossing my fingers that IPAD5 will be stronger.
But those are VSTi's though, not VST fx plugs. And only god (and Wavemachine) knows if or when we will see VSTi's in Auria. :)

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:05 pm

@shay:Well,you know that we need Midi first,right? :wink:

Still only (a lot)of rumours but it looks like the next ipad will be lighter (25%)and thinner (15%)but nobody wrote something about a (significant)faster CPU.We'll see...for now i am happy with the ipad 4.Much more possibilities compared to my old ipad 2.Should be good enough even for some midi instruments.Even on an ipad 2 i could load"countless"of Drumsampler in Beatmaker 2.I hope they bring such a nice (drum)sampler to auria as well once midi arrived...
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX