Just For Fun//Rate Your Plugin

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Just For Fun//Rate Your Plugin

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 pm

I thought since many new users and even seasoned Auria users often ask which is the best plugin for Auria and why? So Just for fun Rate your favorite plugin out of 5 stars and why you like it or maybe your favorite way to use it in Auria. Then maybe we could find a top 10 list since my plugin list is now at 24. Have some fun and let others know why your excited about you favorite plugin in Auria.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Just For Fun//Rate Your Plugin

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:12 pm

I will start first with 5 stars for my favorite plugin ProQ by Fabfilter. I always seem to go for this plugin. It's been a workhorse in my recordings since I got it. I simply could not do without it now that I know how to use it. Nothing brings my tracks under control like this plug in. Did I mention 5 stars, well I'd give it 1000 stars if the rating went that high. That's how much I love this plugin. cheers.

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm a sucker for Auria plugins but all the FabFilters would get my vote. Invaluable!

ps delighted to have side-chaining on Pro-C :D

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:06 pm

they are all pretty pro plugins IMO. drumagog is very cool to use, great sounds with stacks of variety.

As mentioned pro-Q is sweet.

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:09 pm

+1 for love for pro-q. Micro warmer is also quite handy.

Was a bit disappointed with overloud thm and don't use it anymore since I can now push Ampkit and jamup through AB

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 am

1.Pro EQ

First purchase.Also my favorite EQ in Logic and the final reason why i really wanted to have auria.I was so happy to see it on an ipad.A great workhorse and soundshaper.Handling is beautiful on a touchscreen imo.I have always 6-8 in use without affecting the cpu too much.

2.The creative Fabfilter Plugs (Saturn,Timeless,Volcano).

Especially Saturn surprised me and is my favorite of this three.
I was never a great fan of distortion but this is SO much more,unbelievable how versatile it is.So much fun to sequence the different parameter for up to six different bands.Finally I pulled the trigger finger after i saw the tutorial how to use
it as a transient designer as well.The different Distortion types sounds very good to my ears.Timeless is another great one,quite easy to create delay effects that i never heard before.Same for the filter.

3.Old Timer and Micro Warmer.

I just love good sounding"one knob"compressor and therefore i use oldtimer a lot on everything.Even on the main bus.
And a bit of Micro Warmer has always a place in my master bus or at least the sub channels.

4.Pianoverb

Quite a one trick pony for me but i love this rich sound.Prefer to use it on drums but is doing a good job on nearly everything.Sounds totally different compared to other reverbs i know.Can produce some really sick sounds if you transpose it up but i prefer to use it at least one octave down,then it acts more like a"usual"reverb.

5.The channel strip

i always wanted to have a channel strip like this as a standard in Logic or (earlier)in Cubase.Sounds (and looks ;-) ) nice and eats nothing from the cpu.Well done!

The Fabfilter plugs can get very cpu hungry if you use all their special features but kudos to psp.Their plugins are very lightweight on an iPad 4.Unfortunately i dont own any of the mastering plugs from Fabfilter nor the new envelope shaper (YET),maybe my top five would look a bit different then ;)

edit:forgot the rating.All of them deserve 5 stars and 4 stars for the pianoverb :)

4 stars goes to the micro filter as well.Good sounding filter for simple and quick filtering.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Dcramer
Expert

Post by Dcramer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:12 pm

I'm really impressed with the Fabfilter creative series modulation possibilities. Although they crush my poor iPad 2's CPU they off almost modular like power.

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Man that's a tough one! Pro Q has to be my most used one other than Pro G for drums. I never knew there could be so many reverbs out there but the convolution reverb and IR packs prove otherwise and I am a reverb junkie! The Pro C comes in handy when needed and Pro L has many uses but thus far I have had better results with Auria's brick wall but will definitely use in the future I'm sure. The Saturn brings delay to a whole new level! I'm loving the FX Expander on my bussed drum sound! I have used it for the kick and toms a little as well. Pianoverb sounded better in the description but I'm sure it will come in handy. It's like a china or splash cymbal, you use it when it's called for and needed :wink: oh and the micro warmer always comes through for whatever you need sweetened up! I'm a big fan of it on individual tracks as well as on the master! Te old timer I haven't had much use with if any. I don't use a lot of compression as I like dynamics staying true as much as possible. The only one I don't have is the deesser. Never found any use with that tool because if someone had pronouncing problems or ate my mic I literally taped a sharpened pencil on it pointing at their face and if they got too close.......yeah. That usually kept the distance lol. Seriously keep the plug ins coming guys! I will get as many as you offer!