Suggestions

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

aced411

Suggestions

Post by aced411 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Still loving the app, it's amazing. Would love one or more the following improvements someday hopefully before midi:

- Smoother scrolling (Open GL?)
- A traditional selector tool instead of the highlight method (which is sort of buggy)
- Higher Res graphics, or if its already retina than higher res source material (not a big deal, just nice to have)
- Copy/paste and/or movable track automation (at least volume/pan basic stuff)

Not complaining though. Auria is miles ahead of everything else in terms of quality.

CEIsar
Expert

Re: Suggestions

Post by CEIsar » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:53 am

+1 for smoother scrolling (sorry Rim,i sound like a broken record sometimes,i know ;-) )

-1 for High res graphics.reason is simple,currently you cant have both (smoother scrolling AND Hi Res graphics).Current Devices are just not powerfull enough (and i have the latest iPad)

+1 for the"Auria is miles ahead" :wink:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

aced411

Post by aced411 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:18 am

Current Devices are just not powerfull enough (and i have the latest iPad)
That statement has logic but isn't necessarily true. Load up Cubasis with a bunch of tracks and see why (not tooting any horns, just a reference). It probably has something to do with the way it was developed. Perhaps scrolling in Auria is causing a bunch of redraws or something.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:47 am

i think the waveforms in auria are much more complex/accurate (remember,theres no seperate sample editor),they look more like ghost copies in Cubasis.AND Cubasis is anything else then smooth if you work on bigger projects/arrangements.It becomes seriously sluggish if you zoom in then.Try it if you didn't before.I'm not the only one who noticed this.

I agree that Cubasis is really fast and supersmooth if you work on new projects but it slows down a lot if you move on with your song.Hope they improve it soon,it's still my"to go"app for Virtual Midi and Audiobus recordings.At least until Auria will deliver midi.Although i love the Cubasis Interface!
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Auria is the only app which displays 24 tracks on the screen at the same time with waveforms in all of them. Waveform drawing is very taxing for graphics chips. They're just not designed to draw thousands of lines. For example, a full screen of waveforms with 24 tracks is over 24,000 individual lines to draw. Only the iPad 4 comes close to being able to do this with any good frame rate.

Rim

Dcramer
Expert

Post by Dcramer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:35 am

My guess would be that Auria is limited, not only by the iPad's hardware, but by the desire for it to sound like a professional audio tool. I feel this was the wisest choice as the sound quality of Auria is what sets it apart from the other similar apps available. A good choice in my opinion.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:02 am

Rim wrote:For example, a full screen of waveforms with 24 tracks is over 24,000 individual lines to draw.

Rim
I'd be surprised if you haven't thought of this but could you not reserve 'the full monty' (English phrase) 24,000 lines to be only shown when the user is zoomed into a waveform when sample level accuracy is really needed?

You probably do something like this already but just couldn't resist chiming in with the idea.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm already doing something similar and lots of other tricks...

Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:30 pm

i was thinking maybe adjust the clarity of the waveforms at CERTAIN zoom levels

aced411

Post by aced411 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:02 am

Feeling fortunate I have an iPad 4. I feel for those of you working on a 2 or 3. I suppose I didn't notice the issue in cubasis b/c I tend to use more midi than audio tracks.

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Honestly it's no big deal to me. It's not like I'm constantly zooming in and out you know? Besides the horizontal scrolling is flawless, thank goodness.. THEN it would bother me.

aced411

Post by aced411 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 am

Hey guys these are just harmless suggestions. I still love the product to death. I can't believe the mixes I'm pulling out of this app. I've been blowing money on the plugins too. It's not like I'm going to stop using Auria if my suggestions are ignored.