Dedicated loop handle added to 1.08

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Dedicated loop handle added to 1.08

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:35 am

OK, thanks to all the feedback, I just added a dedicated loop handle to 1.08. This handle (located at the right end of each region, in the middle) will allow you to automatically duplicate regions, while preserving the length and offsets of the region.

So starting in 1.08, the auto duplicate feature will be gone, and replaced by the dedicated loop handle.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Re: Dedicated loop handle added to 1.08

Post by mtingle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:39 am

Auria's form is shaping up quite nicely

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:09 am

While your working on 1.08 don't suppose you could make the double-tap stop button cycle through the in-marker before it goes to the start of the song?

Quite a few sequencers have this feature (logic for one) and its really handy because quite often the looped section of the arrangement is what your working on and it enables you to not have to go back to the edit window each time to cue the play head. Would be excellent if this worked with the stop button from within audiobus too for extra ease of use.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:16 am

You can accomplish the same thing by enabling "Auto Return" mode in the transport options. Every time you press stop (not double-tap, just single), it goes back to the previous play position.

Rim

QbAnYtO
Expert

Post by QbAnYtO » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:39 am

everyday just keeps getting better and better

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:47 am

Rim wrote:You can accomplish the same thing by enabling "Auto Return" mode in the transport options. Every time you press stop (not double-tap, just single), it goes back to the previous play position.

Rim
The caveat with the auto return feature is that I've no control on when it does this ie. it always jumps back to the last location I played from no matter what. By having the double tap stop cycle through the in-marker I'm choosing where to return and also when. Makes a difference.

According to the manual double-tap rewind should go to the start of the project (currently not working), maybe this could jump to in-marker and the double-tap stop button go to start of song?

donratto
Expert

Post by donratto » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:56 am

Re: markers, I posted this in the wish list thread but no one has commented on it so far, so I just thought I'd jemmy it in here as it seems relevent, just in case anyone's interested...

Hi. I don't know if this is possible, or even desirable to others, but regarding markers: to implement the ability to insert markers during playback and / or record?

On my old hardware DAW, I found this very useful for marking a point that I wanted to return to without halting the recording or playback. It also had the facility, on mix down, to use the mark points as track separators for longer projects or when archiving old CD's / cassettes etc, negating the need to record each track separately (I realise that's a bit of a separate issue).

Also i know space for buttons is a problem but maybe the rewind and fast forward buttons could somehow toggle between their current functions and skip forward and back? Then perhaps pressing both simultaneously could be used to set or delete current marker?

Just a thought.
Many thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:13 pm

OK, that makes sense. I've just added this to 1.08. Now when you double-tap the stop button, and you have the locators set, it will rewind to the start locator. A second double tap will rewind to 0.

By the way, double tap rew does work. It rewinds to 0.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:50 pm

thanks Rim your a star :) little things like this really do make a difference.

(just tested double-tap rewind again and it works as you said, not sure what happened last time i tried).

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Sounds great. Will this new loop handle work at a more zoomed out level then the current duplicate region handle? I personally feel I would get a lot more control with a better overview of the project when "painting" out regions, then zooming in not seeing how where I'm at in relation to the other regions.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Unfortunately, no. It's a lot worse, because the new loop handle is located at the center right of the region, so you need to zoom in even more than you did with the other handles. There's simply no way around this. But it's a huge advantage over doing duplication with the length handle because it makes copies using the offset and length settings of the region. Without a dedicated loop handle, there's no good way to accomplish this.

Rim