Background audio problems

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

danielmstroud

Background audio problems

Post by danielmstroud » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Whenever I open beatmaker2, ielectric, or igrand and try to play over a song in auria (background audio switch is on) auria freezes instantly and the audio stops. I actually can't even play anything in auria again once I open any of those three apps. It's also puts up an audiobus error message when audiobus isn't even open, but only does that sometimes. I tried opening those apps first, then play the song in auria, but it shuts down again as soon as I go back into any of the three above. It it works fine however, with nlog pro and launchkey with auria in the background. Any ideas?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Background audio problems

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Are you using iOS 6.x?

Rim

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:02 pm

Yes sir. Version 6.1.3

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:12 am

This seems to be a bug in iOS. As a workaround, just start your other audio app first (for example BeatMaker). In other words, make sure all your apps are closed, start BeatMaker, then start Auria.

Rim

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:26 am

I've already tried that as I mentioned in the first post. I've closed all apps and then opened the app I want to use over Auria and then open Auria. As soon as I go back to iLectric, iGrand the song fades out as if I closed Auria. Then I go back into it and it is frozen at the time when I went into the apps above. And, as I mentioned before, an Audiobus error text will show up.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:50 am

I don't have those apps, but it's possible this is all related to the iOS bug. This only affects apps which use the new coreAudio multiroute category (which Auria does). Another possibility is those apps might not support mixing audio with other apps. Also, they might not like Auria's large buffer size. You might want to enable Audiobus Mode in Auria's settings page. This forces the buffer size to be 512 frames. After you do this, kill all apps, including Auria, and load the other app first, then Auria. I tried this using BeatMaker and it worked fine.

Rim

danielmstroud

Post by danielmstroud » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks for the input, but it didn't seem to work with the igrand and ilectric apps. You were correct though, it did work with beatmaker 2. After trying the tactic you suggested I had no luck, but I got the idea to try opening audiobus and trying it with all three apps open because auria seems to think that it's an audiobus problem every time. It didn't work out for me, but I did find out that if audiobus is open with no programs opened inside of it and igrand or ilectric open is open at the same time, there's a wierd sound in the background of the apps whenever I'm playing them. It's like a static-type noise. But I suppose that's not your issue. I still think this has something to do with audiobus since auria consistently gives me an audiobus popup box about an error occurring that hasnt been found yet. Either that or auria is thinking it is something like audiobus so it assumes it is audiobus when it's really something that performs a similar functions that audiobus performs, I.e. routing audio like you mentioned before.

Please keep looking into this because this for me and don't give up on me yet!