FabFilter Micro weirdness ?

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ChrisG
Expert

FabFilter Micro weirdness ?

Post by ChrisG » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Does anyone else experience weird behavior when record/automating this plug? Have a audio loop. Duplicate it so you have 2 regions. Loop the second region. Now choose a preset you want in Micro, for example heavy saturation in this case, and record a simple low pass filter sweep on the first region from low to high using the "filter window".

Now when I stop the song, stuff like the EF level "snaps" to a different position (even tho I did not record any automation data for it or changed it to anything else prior the record, just left it to the default value for the chosen preset), making it impossible to do simple filter sweeps because some random values inside Micro changes when the track stops (or loops). Sometimes it just start to sound like a garbled/bubbeling mess.

I've experienced issues with it before but didn't think any of it. But now I dunno? Is it me missing something or is it a bug?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: FabFilter Micro weirdness ?

Post by Rim » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Please check if this still happens in 1.07, which should be out today or tomorrow. This might have been fixed along with another bug.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Will do. Thanks.

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:46 am

Yep I've that behaviour Chris. Makes using the FabFilter a real pain. In fact, I had to recently undo a load of FabFilter Micro automations on a region I had because it just wasn't playing ball.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:02 pm

i reported some weird automation behaviour some months ago.Although its not the same experience it shows that there has to be a bug regarding the automation and Micro filter.

CEIsar wrote:
1.I have an automation on the Micro Filter cutoff(lowpass) and whenever i reset the play position (pressing the stop button twice) it always jumps to highpass filter and the highest possible resonance setting.As you can imagine,it's quite annoying to fight against all this unwanted feedbacks :)

iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:13 pm

1.07 is out now, so I'll be curious to see if this is still here in 1.07.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Did a quick test on the project I had problems with yesterday, and so far so good. All the issues I had are gone. Will do more testing tomorrow.

One thing tho I noticed is when I start the project from the beginning (by double tapping stop for example) is that it takes the filter (or automation data) like a fraction of a second to reset to the initial automation data, so there's like a really fast filter "swop/swoosh". Easy to work around, but might still be something that needs looking at?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:21 pm

OK, Sounds good. That effect you're talking about is normal, and is only noticeable on active resonant filters like Micro. It takes the automation engine a few ms to find where it should be when you go to a new location.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Ah ok, makes sense. Thanks.