1.07 count in bug still there

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

andyxr
Expert

1.07 count in bug still there

Post by andyxr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:14 pm

Firstly, thanks WML for 1.07. I think a LOT of users have been waiting eagerly for this one..
But there's still a bug in there which I thought had been addressed, so I thought I'd tell ya about it.
With Audiobus input enabled, set your metronome count in to be the default 1bar. Switch to your input app (synth, etc) and use the Audiobus controls to start Auria recording. You hear the metronome but it doesn't count in; it instead instantly starts recording.

Thanks! Andy

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 1.07 count in bug still there

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:19 pm

That was never reported as a bug before. The issue we had in 1.07 with count-in was that there was a delay between count-in finishing and the metronome starting, causing the timing to be off.

I just tried recording with Audiobus and using the count-in set to 1 bar, did not have any issues with it starting early. It started recording after the 4 beats as expected here.

Rim

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 pm

My apologies, Rim.
Then do you think perhaps I'm doing something wrong? In the Audiobus control panel I press the Auria Rec button to prime and then hit the button immediately above it to start. The Rec button goes instantly red, and Auria starts recording despite the count in setting. I'm keen to know if this is the wrong way of doing it. I'd rather get it right than write you useless bug reports! ;-)

Andy

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:31 pm

When you have count-in mode selected, the record button will turn red immediately, but that doesn't mean it's recording. You should hear 4 beats, and then it'll actually start recording. I just did a test - I pressed rec, then play, and I immediately started playing something on the keyboard (while the 4 beats were still playing). This was not recorded in my test.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Been using the count in feature in Auria an Audiobus all evening with no problems. Actually Audiobus and Auria are working great together. I found it fun to just load up another synth and drums and layer tracks and then return to Auria for some track mixing then back again to Audiobus for more tracks. This has really sped up my work flow and I may even get some tracks out this month on Soundcloud and some tutorial videos on mastering audio with Auria this month. I don't know about anyone else but I literally have to load up Auria everyday just to look at it or mix something. I love this app and it's become much more than a recording app for me but rather a real musical experience. I record slow so Auria works for me without too many problems. I often take hrs just to record a couple of tracks. Auria never lets me down and in the end she did her job and I did mine and together we make great music. I touch her and she touches me back.
8)

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:19 pm

I've just tried this

Had the time thing top right set to beats and bars its works perfectly

But then tried in mins n secs it works and does count in but there seems to be a problem

When Auria processes the recording it puts the region a few beats back
So say you start recording at 50 seconds after you press stop the region starts at 45 secs its seems like its putting the region where the count in starts sort of thing well that's what's happening to me

Hope I'm making sense :shock:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Interesting... I'll have a look.

Rim

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:25 am

Sorry Rim, I'm not seeing what you see.
I hit record.
I hit play.
Metronome starts.
I start playing after 1 bar (the count-in duration).
I return to Auria and see my recorded region with 1 bar's worth of silence at the beginning. I.e the region includes the count-in.
Is this what I should expect? I thought I'd expect to see the region's waveform start immediately on the first bar.
Sorry for labouring this; I just need to know that I'm doing something wrong!

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 am

PS - I just tried something that you tried; I started playing my synth as soon as I hit the play button and Auria is recording instantly. Aargh!!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:34 am

Are you sure you have count-in mode turned on? It's not in the settings page, it's in the Transport Options menu. You set the number of bars you need in the settings page, but then you need to enable it in the Transport Options menu.

Rim

andyxr
Expert

Post by andyxr » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:39 am

You. Are. A. Star.

Yep, was using Settings page only.

:oops: